Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Looking for suggestions on a good bike-to bike helmet communication set-up...?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 01:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for suggestions on a good bike-to bike helmet communication set-up...?

Hello,

I am looking for a good quality bike-to-bike helmet communication system set-up. Can anyone offer some suggestions on a brand that you have personally used that works well for this specific application?

Thanks,

-John

Old 07-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Default RE: Looking for suggestions on a good bike-to bike helmet communication set-up...?

Thats a good question, John. I cant stand it on long rides not being able to communicate with the ole' lady on her bike, stoplight convos really suck. Anyone out there that can help us out.

Old 07-08-2006, 03:31 AM
Default RE: Looking for suggestions on a good bike-to bike helmet communication set-up...?

Look into the Chatterbox systems. They have different ranges and prices. I know of two that they sell for sure. One transmits about 2 miles, the other 5 miles. They can be a bit pricey and you would need to buy two or know someone that already has one. I'm looking at getting one this Christmas......hopefully.

Old 08-09-2006, 02:02 AM

i hear the chatterbox is really good but who want a huge box stuck to the side of there lid? baer has the best systems but there huge money. i have a motocom headset in my helmet works really good really clear also. it hooks to a 2 way radio and and then into your helmet and then there is a button that goes on you handle bars that you push to talk.oh and everything is hidden except for a little wire that will run down your jacket or shirt and you cant even tell its in your helmet.

heres the site i got mine from you just buy the set for whatever 2 way you have or want to get.
http://frontpage.erie.net/carol129/H...ts/Default.htm