New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

hi guys :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hi guys :)

Hi guys, my name is kev and im, in Yorkshire UK, but originally from Liverpool i took my cbt last summer with my friend just as a day out, loved it and bought a Hyosung gt 125r. I rode that for a bit but got fed up of the lack of power. so..... did my test. Passed everything first time i might add
The bike i fell in love with was a Honda cbr 600 that had been done in repsol colours, it looked fantastic and i bought it before i passed my test. Unfortunately I’ve had a few hiccups with the bike, first of all i wanted the orange wheels as the ones on it where black and i preferred the orange. So i bought a set and had them powder coated as the wheels on the bike had just been powder coated black (didn’t see the point in re powder coating them) they didn’t fit so i bought the correct wheels and had them powder coated. When i was putting the discs on a bolt snapped, gutted. sorted that out and all it needed was an mot, the guy i bought it off (owns his own bike garage) had stripped it down and rebuilt it, so he got his friend to mot it, i went to pick the certificate up so i could tax it and he said there has been an accident, the guy had dropped my bike, i could of punched him!!!! it was all scuffed, my pristine bike was not pristine anymore, he said he would obviously sort it out and said i could still take it and have the work done when the weather was pants, i said ok cos i just wanted to ride. So took it out for a blast, it was amazing, and then i stupidly ran out of fuel. So walked petrol station and got some fuel. Next day went out again, i was out for around 3 hours, my friend who i was out with came off his ninja (nothing bad) and broke his rear brake. So he took it to the shop to be fixed, i headed home. When i was coming off the motorway at my junction i tried to knock it down a gear ready to stop, nothing their!!!!!!! the gear linkage had come off so had no gears, phoned the mechanic dude who i bought it off an he came an picked me up an took me to his garage, this was last Saturday, the part is coming from Europe and they said 4 or 5 days, I’ve still not got my bike hoping tomorrow will be the day.
I only have a rubbish pic of before i picked it up and it has some fairing missing and it has the black wheels on, i shall upload a pic when i eventually get my bike back.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:03 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

welcome to CBRF

hope to see good pic of it soon...

Old 12-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome aboard Kev.

That's quite the run-on story you've got there! ;-) Sounds like you've had a few unfortunate events. Good to hear you're getting it all sorted out.

Be safe out there.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:37 AM

cheers guys, hopfully today i get her back