New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello from Wales..

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 01:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello ... hope all is well..

That's a nice looking bike Gunk.. can see its given a lot of love... because I couldn't find Givi arms to fit my f3, was a bit concerned that the rack and plate wouldn't work, but I use the box every day and they are still solid... well happy..

Yes Hawkwind, I had a feeling the head would have to come off to get it repaired properly... gonna take the exhaust off today and take photos to show this guy.. will post them later..

The oil that came out of the engine yesterday looked crap, so see what she runs like later with this fresh stuff.. air filter should be here today or tomoz.. you can tell a recent owner has worked on the bike... good tyres, new brakes lines, plugs look good... haven't checked it, but the battery seems ok.. has a horrible purple screen... just a few spots of rust on the frame, which I've oiled up... bike has been dropped in the past, has a few panel cracks and scratches.. a side panel has a spru missing (is that how you spell it?).... exhaust headers aren't too rusty.. I understand the stainless steel exhaust on my f3 will bolt straight on.... overall she is pretty good.. had a quick look at the history to give you an idea of how little use the bike has had over the years.. it's online MOT history, including the latest one.. it's been MOT'd four times and done 73 miles since 2006... the book is regularly stamped up to 18202 miles, in August 1996.. I bought the bike the weekend just gone.. they gave her an oil change and MOT, a fuel filter with a crap quality fuel line and is now stamped at 19050.. just been stood gathering dust for most of its life... but hopefully once all the ****les are sorted I should have a good reliable bike for a few years.. fingers crossed.

Anyways, its been good speaking to you all. Hope you have an excellent day... catch you again. Neale

Old 10-05-2017, 07:32 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My 600 F3 has a similar history, very little use over the last 10 years, doesn't do them any good though, I've still got unresolved running problems which I'm still trying to resolve.

Old 10-05-2017, 06:21 PM

Sorry to hear about that Gunk.. such a pain when a problem keeps bugging you.. apart from this exhaust problem and a rectifier/regulator failing my f3 has been pretty good in the time I have had it... its not the sort of bike I would have chosen...a bike is a workhorse for me.. but the last one got nicked and needed a bike and it was for sale up the road... I read somewhere that the cbr600 does everything.. does everything I need anyways..

Am happy to report that my new/old cbr ran better today after the oil change,,, will put the filter in tomoz... still a bit farty at low revs.. but even that seems to be better... so hopefully all will be fine.

Anyways, hope you are all happy and well... catch you again.. Neale

Old 10-09-2017, 02:12 PM

Hi Folks... hope all is well, wherever you are.. have started dismantling the F3.. can't leave it out in the rain getting rusty.. have never broken a bike before and its quite interesting.. when I get a chance am gonna sell on the parts.. more important to get it inside at the moment though..

Happy to report the F2 is getting better the more I use it.. its covered more miles this week than its done in twelve years.. its a cracking little bike and I hope it gets me where I need to go for a while yet.

Anyways... all the best to yo and yours.. Neale