New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Good morning from the UK

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 01:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbulenz
Beautiful bike! I'm not sure if its a US model unless someone added the rear go bar as US models didn't have them. Does it have a centre stand?

Love that paint and stripe pattern tho
Hi, yes it has a centre stand. Not sure which bar you mean though, do u mean the grab handle?

Old 11-14-2012, 04:13 AM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Oops.. Yah grab bar.. iPad and its autocorrect....

Old 11-14-2012, 04:36 AM

Welcome! She is a very tidy and pretty looking machine!

I'm getting my DAS sorted out at the moment, when's your mod 1?

Old 11-14-2012, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by butcherspencil
Welcome! She is a very tidy and pretty looking machine!

I'm getting my DAS sorted out at the moment, when's your mod 1?
Mod 1 is the 27th nov, hopefully ill pass that then book my mod 2.

My mod 1 was cancelled on the 8th due to fog!

I can see myself spending a lot of money and time with this bike!!!

Old 11-14-2012, 01:36 PM

Mine is on the 20th. I've got my fingers crossed for good weather. My cbt was back in feb; cancelled due to snow and then the next week they chipped ice off the carpark with shovels so we could get it done. I only had summer gloves. It was COLD!

Yeah, but it's all worth it! I've just put a tank protector on mine this evening. A nice little bit of tlc for the wee beastie!

Old 11-15-2012, 03:44 AM

Hello ! im a newbee from the UK too ! Good luck with your licence

Old 11-15-2012, 07:07 AM

Cheers mate.

Spending plenty of time with the bike at the moment, cleaning and fettling it, but not able to ride it is starting to get to me now!

Old 11-21-2012, 11:13 AM

I got it in the bag! Passed Mod 1 first attempt

I'm a tiny little girl and I could do it. I struggled with pushing the 500cc beast from the one bay into the other on a pure lack of physical grunt basis. They can't mark you down for taking your time; I made appropriate lifesavers and lost no points for it. Immediately after that I asked the examiner if he didn't mind me taking a couple of moments to catch my breath before moving onto the slalom and figure of 8. It isn't a race; they want to see safe operation of the bike, don't be afraid to take a moment to clear your mind or catch your breath between exercises. Just don't put your foot down, make livesavers every time you move away from stationary, and remain under test conditions until after you have dismounted. Don't drop precious minors by not giving observations when approaching the exit gates to leave. The test doesn't finish until you are off the bike.

Best of luck mate! The test centre tarmac is really posh new-fangled super-porous stuff that actually gives you the same stopping power in the wet as a regular road does in the dry. You'll be fine!

Old 11-21-2012, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by butcherspencil
I got it in the bag! Passed Mod 1 first attempt

I'm a tiny little girl and I could do it. I struggled with pushing the 500cc beast from the one bay into the other on a pure lack of physical grunt basis. They can't mark you down for taking your time; I made appropriate lifesavers and lost no points for it. Immediately after that I asked the examiner if he didn't mind me taking a couple of moments to catch my breath before moving onto the slalom and figure of 8. It isn't a race; they want to see safe operation of the bike, don't be afraid to take a moment to clear your mind or catch your breath between exercises. Just don't put your foot down, make livesavers every time you move away from stationary, and remain under test conditions until after you have dismounted. Don't drop precious minors by not giving observations when approaching the exit gates to leave. The test doesn't finish until you are off the bike.

Best of luck mate! The test centre tarmac is really posh new-fangled super-porous stuff that actually gives you the same stopping power in the wet as a regular road does in the dry. You'll be fine!
Congrats mate.

Nice one.

I've got mine on Tuesday so fingers crossed. Only problems I had were the figure of 8 and the u-turn, but I was practising the u-turn in a narrower space so should have no problems there.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:19 PM

My module 2 is on Monday, I'm hoping for good weather around that point for the both of us! Are you coming to the bike show in Brummy Land?

Quick Reply: Good morning from the UK