New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Getting a new (2nd) RR today

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting a new (2nd) RR today

G'day!

This afternoon I will be taking delivery of my 2nd RR - an '05 Red/Black (I previously owned an '04 for a short time about a year ago).

At 45, I'm probably older than the typical sport biker but I enjoy the handling and performance of sport bikes and in fact, I'm seriously considering moving up to an '06 1KRR once I see what Honda has up their sleeve at the September 7/8 dealer announcments. I'm not into track days, I don't wrench and I'm not really into mods. I prefer to spend time riding although my work and family commitments limit my riding to mostly weekends.

As you can see from my sig, I've had quite a variety of bikes - including Harley/Buell and a beemer (awesome bike by the way!). However, I keep coming back to Honda - Honda's quality is on par with BMW but without the inflated price or "quirks" that are typical across the entire BMW line. And although this might be considered heresay among sport bikers, my Harley (Dyna Super Glide Sport) was a great bike (for a cruiser) - too bad I only can keep one bike at a time in my harem.

Now all I have to do is try to get work done today while waiting for the delivery truck to arrive later this afternoon.....

Old 06-28-2005, 09:46 AM
Default RE: Getting a new (2nd) RR today

Welcome to the boards TowJam. Nice assortment of bikes!

Old 06-28-2005, 11:14 AM

Hi & welcome to the boards. That is definatly a nice collection of bikes you have had there. Congrats on the new 600RR. I know it will be tough making it through the day, thinking of your bike. Post up some pics of her when you get a chance.

Old 06-28-2005, 12:03 PM

ORIGINAL: NeonspeedRT

That is definatly a nice collection of bikes you have had there. Congrats on the new 600RR. I know it will be tough making it through the day, thinking of your bike. Post up some pics of her when you get a chance.
Thanks - I've enjoyed all my bikes. Each one had pros/cons and I'm still searching for "the one" that combines all the pros into a single bike. Maybe some '06 model?

I came back to the RR because I appreciate the handling and Honda quality. My only concern is the ergos. Having just come off of sport tourer (the BMW), I've got some major conditioning to do if I plan to do any serious day rides.

Old 06-28-2005, 12:41 PM

Yeah... I definately had to get used to the bar placements and seat of the RR. Once you figure out the best positioning for your arms, hands, and you get used to the seat you'll love the RR. It seems every day I ride the bike I get more comfortable with it, and fall more in love with it.