New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

fellow riders!

Old 12-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fellow riders!

1st time ever on any forum! proud owner of a '08 1000RR here in the South Florida area.. many questions not enough hours in 1 day to ask. hope that this site can guide me in extending the performance and life of my bike. Bought the bike from my wife's childhood friend, she had never rode a bike, in her 30's, and for the wrong reasons.. but that’s besides the point.. she did some extras (cosmetics mostly) and Jardine 5 slip-on.. got it with about 4,800 miles. currently 11,200. The bike rides perfect, all i have done is tires changes (rear x2) (front x1, soon due for a new one) and shorty levers. Coming from the car racing world im constantly taking pro active measures to ensure no breakdowns (or at least try to minimize them). I try to use the best bang for the $$$ product on my bike like: Motul synthetic oil changes between every 2,700 -3,000 miles. Went from OEM oil filter to K&N oil filter. Tires were Dunlops (not sure of the model or series), first set were Pirrelly Diable Rosso's. Currently Pirrelly Angel's. The Dunlop's were preety much square.. fell in love with the Pirrelly's and the Angels are just incredible.. basically glue on the road, rain or not they are proven... maybe ill try in the future Michellins, Metzlers... but not yet!!lol.. enjoying the ones on now...
I respect the bikes ability, no wheelies, power launches, crazy down shift... or all of the things that cops love to bust us for. so I consider my self a conservative rider but will not be left behind by many out there on the road.... plus im a Fire Fighter Paramedic and I have sent my share fallen riders to the trauma center via Air Rescue... but enough of the intro.
First question: What life should I be looking to get out of the clutch?

Old 12-01-2011, 10:00 PM

welcome reis glad to have you here at cbrforum! im moderately new as well so i cant really answer your question but post pics of your bike soon

Old 12-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Talking

Volcom, as soon as i can figure out how to attach a picture ill post it.. Im not that computer friendly... On the bottom of this page is states that i can't attach a picture... ?????... im lost, ill have to read some more of the rules and figure out. i might be done tomorrow... ill try to attach one to my profile... wish me luck...

Old 12-02-2011, 12:51 AM
2011 Ride of the Year

welcome to CBRF

+1 on the pics.

if you want your questions answered you should post them in the 1000rr section. that way people that have it will answer most quickly although a lot of members that dont have the bike will know the answers as well so general tech will be a good place as well.

enjoy the forum.

this is a sad job at times i bet. you got to look at all the people that are hurt or gone all together.