hey fellow riders

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey fellow riders

hey guys,

i am looking to up grade my bike i have a 2003 cbr 600rr.... i am looking to upgrade power and speed and also looks...i would like to make the bike to look stalky "if u kno what i mean" it has the underbelly exhaust and would like to replace with new one...remember this bike is all stack and please give me lots of ideas. also looking for websites to buy parts from anyone kno some good ones with lots of parts that will fit tyhe 600rr thanks

Old 11-03-2005, 12:26 PM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: hey fellow riders

welcome to the forum arkansas. You left a very general question, you might get better results if you ask more specific upgrades. What kind of budget are you working with and so on. To start out for cheap, upgrade your sprockets. Dropping to a 15 in the front will give you quicker take offs and help bring the front end up for $40. You can add a couple teeth in the back as well, but the more you do here, the more top end speed you'll lose. The 520 upgrade is a weight reduction setup for speed, not for stunts or take off power. Your speedo will also be off more than it already is, so you might want to look into a speedo healer for under $100. You have tons of options to go with on upgrades so think about what you want to work on first and ask questions about that.

Old 11-03-2005, 02:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered the 520 upgrade going down one tooth in the front and up two in the rear. I also ordered a speedo healer. I will everyone know how it goes.

Old 11-03-2005, 02:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Arkansas 23
i would like to make the bike to look stalky "if u kno what i mean"
I've got absolutely no clue what you mean?

it has the underbelly exhaust and would like to replace with new one
I think that means he wants to replace the UNDERTAIL exhaust

remember this bike is all stack
Does that mean something good, like when people say the bike looks "sick?"

There's a lot you can do to this bike to mess it up...I mean make it look "trick." You might try finding a few other RR related message boards and check the gallery sections to get some ideas.

www.cbr600rr.com
www.600rr.net
www.bikepics.com (go to the 600rr section)
http://www.sportbikerider.us (same as bikepics)

Old 11-03-2005, 02:41 PM
Retired Administrator

remember this bike is all stack
Does that mean something good, like when people say the bike looks "sick?"

I think it's a typo... stock.

Tribal, where did you get your speedo healer from, I'm in the market to buy one.

Old 11-03-2005, 09:02 PM

sorry guys it is a typo...i meant to write stock "when i joined and wrote this i had just got home from working the night shift..." and yes i have the undertail exhaust and would like to replace it with some thing really nice "kinda want 2 mufflers instead of one if that can be done" "POWER" I WANT MORE TAKE OFF POWER TO BE ABLE TO PULL THE BIKE UP FASTER AND EASIER....my buget is about 2,000 right now.....thanks guys

Old 11-03-2005, 09:22 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: doncollins

Tribal, where did you get your speedo healer from, I'm in the market to buy one.
Not to jack the thread but get your speedo healer from our sponsor Calsportbike -- e-mail Todd first that you heard about it on CBRForum.com and he'll give you a discount.

Arkansas -- another vampire on the board ... good deal. I've been on the midnite shift for a loooooong time. Gets old after a while. As far as mods go -- a full exhaust is gonna run you from $600 to $1200 depending on what brand -- a slip on will be a lot less but still make decent power. The 520 chain conversion is a great cost effective mod that you'll really feel. About $140 depending where ya get it.

Old 11-03-2005, 10:33 PM
Retired Administrator

I was tyring to hi-jack, just thought Arkansas could use the info too.

Old 11-04-2005, 02:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[/quote]Tribal, where did you get your speedo healer from, I'm in the market to buy one.
[/quote]

For doncollins-

I forgot to add that I in fact did order the Speedohealer and 520 chain/sprocket kit from Calsportbike. As Chain mentioned I got a decent discount for mentioning the forum.