New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

F3 power shift....?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F3 power shift....?

95 CBR F3 600- When I am riding this bike say in 1st or 2nd gear and put her to the wood, around 6-8k rpm, the bike starts "power shifting itself"

It feels like the chain is skipping on the front sprocket but this is not the case as they are not abnormally worn and the chain is not loose.

This is how it feels while pinned, 6-8krpm-skips a tooth, bike accelerates, skips another, bike pulls harder, skips yet another tooth and the bike pulls harder yet, as if I were having the throttle

pinned and not using the clutch, cramming gears. It only seems to do this from 1st-3rd gear whatever gear I'm in, in those three it will do it. 4th-6thI don't seem to have any trouble.

Old 03-27-2008, 04:20 AM
Default RE: F3 power shift....?

I aint from america, so its kinda hard to speak in english terms, but it sounds like the 'koppelingsplaten' its like, when u shift, it switches to the second, shift again, it goes to the third. Maybe they arent exactly straight (often when 1 is ****ed, 1 or 2 near to it will be ****ed to cuz of the angle its in, that explains the problem with 1st to 3rd) get it checked out. Else it will go from bad to worst in a few weeks (i'd advice not driving with it untill its taken care of)

Sorry for not knowing the term, something like clutchdiscs/ clutchslabs or so?

Old 03-27-2008, 08:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Ohreally

I aint from america, so its kinda hard to speak in english terms, but it sounds like the 'koppelingsplaten' its like, when u shift, it switches to the second, shift again, it goes to the third. Maybe they arent exactly straight (often when 1 is ****ed, 1 or 2 near to it will be ****ed to cuz of the angle its in, that explains the problem with 1st to 3rd) get it checked out. Else it will go from bad to worst in a few weeks (i'd advice not driving with it untill its taken care of)

Sorry for not knowing the term, something like clutchdiscs/ clutchslabs or so?

I really got stuck on koppelingsplaten...but I think this is the appropriate translation

[blockquote]I am not from America, so it's kind of hard to speak in English terms, but it sounds like the couplings plate. When you shift, it switches to second, shift again, it goes to third. Maybe they aren't exactly straight (oftened when 1 is ****'d, 1 or 2 near to it will be ****'d too, because of the angle it's in. That explains the problem with 1st and 3rd) Get it checked out. Else it will go from bad to worse in a few weeks (I'd advice not driving with it until it is taken care of).

Sorry for not knowing the term, something like clutchdiscs/clutchslabs or so?

[/blockquote]

Old 03-27-2008, 09:26 AM

When it does this. What does the RPM's do. Do they go down then comeback up, or skyrocket, then come back down??

Old 03-30-2008, 09:31 PM

the rpms will keep going up until i let off, i've had it up to a little past 10k