New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Couple Questions From A Beginner

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple Questions From A Beginner

Hi Everyone,

I am getting an used 2005 CBR 600 F4i. There are couple things about this motorcycle. The left side mirror is broken and rear tire has to be changed. Those are easy to solve and the guy I am buying the bike from will handle those things. I spent the whole weekend on this bike and this bike has some other issue. The battery of the bike was dead. We had to push the bike and kickstart it. After I ran it about 10 miles and we stopped then I couldn't start the bike again. My questions are below, I really appreciate all answers in advance.

1. How long a battery lasts?

2. What would be your advice to me that I should check on a bike to see if there is anything else that could lead to a common error or problem?

3. Is there any known website that I could check for CBR accessories and jackets and helmets? If you could drop a couple good website links that would be great.

Thanx in advance!

Old 09-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Default RE: Couple Questions From A Beginner

Here are some answers, as best as I can answer them...
1. Battery's last different times depending on the brand and type, and care taken. If a battery has been "dead" for a long time, chances are it's really "dead". It won't hold a charge from just riding it around... so just plan on buying a new one.

2. If the mirror is broken, do you mean as in broken off? Check the frame for sliding and impact marks if you can. I'm not sure what all you were working on all weekend, but if it's taken some damage, what you may or may not need to do in the future depends on said damage. Make sure the oil level is good, radiator fluid, things like that. May want to flush the brake fluid and change the oil. (let someone else do these things if you aren't comfortable, if you are, then good luck!) Get your free play in your clutch lever and throttle set up, make sure the chain is well lubed and adjusted into specs... all that kind of thing.

3. For CBR accesories, I point thee to EBAY! There's a ton of things there and it changes all the time. As far as jackets and helmets and such, hit up a local Cyclegear store (which also has decent parts and accessories)... or try --->here<---

Old 09-05-2007, 02:01 PM

Thank you for writing Lrn2Go. And yes, I mean broken-off. There is no left mirror. I am not really expert about bikes so I am trying to learn as much as I can. It is not I don't know anything about engines but I always like to listen people to see what I can learn more. Thank you for all the advice!

Old 09-13-2007, 06:56 PM

Hello & Welcome!!

Check classifieds as well as craigslist....