1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

couple questions

Old 10-15-2011, 07:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default couple questions

First I am wanting to get HID headlights for my 2007 cbr1000rr. Where would you guys recommend me look for a good kit. I dont think I will be able to afford to get a projector setup, so with that being said, what would you guys recommend? My second question is I have a license plate holder that is off the right side of my rear wheel, and I am wanting to make a led setup to light it up, what sites can I check out to find both the leds and other stuff required such as resistors and what not, and I also need to know what resistors I would need to be able to run the leds off of my bikes light system. Thanks for any help.
Dustin

Old 10-19-2011, 03:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may want to also post something in the general tech section. This question could relate to more than just your bike and you could get more attention to it there.

But, I would not suggest running an HID light in a reflector that was not designed for it. You will end up with a light pattern that is scattered and could blind oncomming traffic. Due to so many people putting hids in incorrect housings, many states are now outlawing them. I would strongly suggest getting a kit that used a projector so you can get the light where it is suppose to go.

As for the plate light, you can simply go on ebay and buy leds. You can get them pre-wired with resistions inline, or buy the led bulbs and resistors seperately. From the sounds of it though, you would probably want to go with a prewired set up. Just type in something like 10mm led. that will bring up many choices of lights. a 10mm is small enough so it won't stand out too much, but plenty bright enough to light up the plate. You can also buy led bolt lights. then your plate bolt acts as the light as well.