New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Coming up a little short

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 11:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you. I appreciate all of your guys honesty. I would like to apologize to Frank the coal miner personally for exploding over a situation I was a little to close to. For the record I'm betting u don't mine coal lol. Maybe I am just being nervous and over cautious of the whole thing or maybe I'm just not ready. Either way not being able to back my own bike out of my parking spot is getting real old real fast lol. I appreciate everyone's thoughts on this and thank you for your time.

Old 06-11-2016, 12:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I did mine coal until last Nov. I guess I should change my name to Laid Off Coalminer. lol. Have you tried standing beside your bike pushing and pulling it when in tight areas. Or when riding and coming to a stop in traffic, slip you butt to the right and hold it up with the right leg? Also, maybe buy a used seat from ebay and trim alot of the foam out of it and put the cover back on or use a thinner, higher density foam in it place to allow you to sit lower until you get more use to it. Then put the regular seat back on later. And completely off topic, dispite what most Americans think, especially west of the Mississippi river, coal miners dont use pick & shovels anymore, its 95% mechanized, its like a small city "down in the hole". And its a 6 figure salary.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:56 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

+1 on above advise.

Three113, there are many rides with less inseam than you that have figured out how to do it. There are many lady riders much smaller than your build that have no problem riding. Give it some time before going crazy.

Lowering will not only change the design of the bike (the way it feels in turns and scraping in turns and so on), you will need to shorten the side stand. If you don't shorten the side stand, a small breeze can blow it over.

I would bet that if you don't count the cruiser crowd, there is a large number of riders that can't put a flat foot on the ground. I'm 6'1" and had to tippy toe on my DRz.
I still tippy toe when bringing each of my other bikes to a stop. My 800lb+ Strat gets tippy toed when pushing back out of the garage.

Give it time and you will glad you didn't lower it.

Welcome to the forum.

Old 06-15-2016, 03:54 AM
Welcome Crew

hello and welcome, ride safe, allways wear all your safety gear, at 5 11" a 600 should be fine height wise

Old 06-21-2016, 06:20 PM

I don't see why flat footing is a requirement for riding a bike. As long as you're comfortable coming to a stop I don't see why you'd want to alter the geometry.

Old 06-21-2016, 07:52 PM

I wasn't comfortable. I lowered the rear an inch and it was perfect. I take my endorsement test tomorrow so wish me luck!

Old 06-22-2016, 04:20 PM

Glad to hear you got something figured out. But the big question is did you pass??

Old 06-22-2016, 04:27 PM

Just barely. I receive the maximum amount of points allowed but I am officially endorsed now.

Old 06-22-2016, 04:38 PM

Well ware did you go wrong? And did you learn from any of the stuff they had you do?

Old 06-22-2016, 06:15 PM

I was really nervous because of all the stories from my buddy's about the test. I barely crossed the line on the U-turn and I missed a cone in the cone swerve.

Quick Reply: Coming up a little short