New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Come in and give support!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 01:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Come in and give support!

Hello everyone im new to this site and new to a bike forum too..

I bought a 2008 CBR 600RR orange and black (I ll put pics up when i get on my comp at home) I thought it was beauitful when i bought it well i have done quite abit to it. However I just have done everything myself and I have never worked on anything myself (autos i mean).

I want a yoshi full system but i dont have the money so hell ill even take the slip on,

I just added eye candy to the bike nothing system yet.

I bought the bike brand new in may this year (2009), I bought it the same day i learned how to ride lol took about 2 hrs in parkin lot where i bought it untill my buddy said let go to my house... so I did. I did'nt do to bad.

So now im a stud right...I thought it'll be cooool to try to do a wheelie haha funny me..so I first try to pop the cluch. It wasn't working well, so then my buddy said to get it up to 6k-9k rpms and release throttle for a sec and give it some gas again well i did and uuuuuuupppppp I went lol
straight up in the air and then i release the gas and down i hit the ground and when i hit the ground my hand pulled back again up i go, so i did that a few times..

Now I can get it up on command but i still cant hold the wheelie but i guess ill get it in time

So guys and girls leave me something at least let me know im retared here lol!

ttyl!

Old 07-24-2009, 05:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll start with Congrats on getting on 2 wheels.

With that said, I highly suggest that you stop wheelie'n and take the MSF course ASAP. Since you didn't have enough money for the slip on you WANTED I'm going to guess you didn't have money for the gear that you NEED. Don't bother with an exhaust for now (it'll only give you 1-3hp anyhow and you'll barey notice it). Get gear, good gear. An SS bike isn't what I'd suggest learning on but it's do'able if you be careful and step up your technique slowly and at a pace you can handle.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:55 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey there Joe ~ A brand new '08 600RR and you're learning how to wheelie on it? Without any prior motorcycle experience? Oh boy... either you're filthy rich or you haven't given motorcycle riding much thought besides watching Jason Britton on "Superbikes".
Have Fun!

Old 07-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just noticed this post so I'll copy my reply from the other thread..
I'd have to agree with what fastrax and incognito are saying...

You don't want to wreck the thing... jeez man doin wheelies already?
Take it slow, bud, plenty of time to get more used to the bike before trying stuff like that. It's much more important to enjoy the ride and arrive in one piece.
I hope you have some good gear, too! Seriously. Good gear is priceless.

If I were you, I'd be concentrating more on safe riding than wheelies at the moment. It's cool enough that you have a sweet 6RR, wheelies aren't even necessary!! You don't want to screw yourself up like that, man... trust me.

Take care and RIDE SAFE!!