Ladies Lounge Off Topic Section for female CBR enthusiasts to discuss non-CBR related topics.

Long hair while riding?

Old 07-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by meggers
French braids! Any way you can keep those baby hairs around the hairline from getting windblown, the happier you'll be when it comes time to comb it out. Or another thing I've had good luck with is twisties with bobby pins and or a bandana rolled up and worn like a headband... dunno how good that'd work with a helmet though. I think french braids is probably your best bet, cause then if you take em out, it's pretty and wavy.
+ 1 on this.

My hair is very fine and to leave it flowing in the wind - its too painful to get knots out. French braid keeps it out of my face and neat too.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:03 PM

Gah, I wish someone taught me how to french braid my own hair when I was a kid. I think I was too much of a tomboy to mess with my hair . I've been keeping it in a ponytail and letting it hang out (it feels terrible if I tuck it into my jacket). If I stop somewhere I just keep my hair in a messy ponytail, which is fine.

My hair is getting really long because I'm going to donate it in a few months. I almost feel like chopping it off just so I can ride without worrying about it, haha.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:03 PM

I have long hair and hate to put it in a pony tail (don't know why). What I do is grab all my hair like a pony tail, flip it forward on top of my head and put on a do-rag. It holds my hair so I can put my helmet on. When I take off my helmet my hair looks, well not wild and not full of knots. I just have to fluff up my bangs a little and I'm good to go. Here is a pic so you can see how long my hair is.

Attached Thumbnails Long hair while riding?-picture-20009-1-.jpg  
Old 08-17-2010, 06:47 PM

Little Girl, that's a great idea. I have been wondering about trying to put my hair in the helmet without tying it but I hadn't tried it. My hair is a teeny bit longer than yours, but I bet it would work for me too. I'll give that a try

Old 08-19-2010, 01:12 AM

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...met-Liner.aspx

(had a girl with long hair use it on a ride, just minor brushing after and she was good to go.. any do-rag should do tho, just don't over tighten it or you will give yourself a headache)

*hides before mods catches him*

Old 08-19-2010, 10:19 AM

My hair is down to my waist. I've always had problems with my hair when riding. I use a Wrapter. I was really surprised how easy it was to put on. I wear it when we camp with the dirtbikes too. I just love it, and it keeps your hair clean and not smelling like exhaust or campfire.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:54 PM

I leave my hair down and put on my helmet before my jacket and leave my hair inside my jacket.. I used to pull it out, but the wind makes it ridiculously hard to brush afterwards..

Old 09-16-2010, 07:32 AM

I've been just braiding it and then letting it stick out. Seems to work the best so far. I never heard of the Wrapter, but that's a pretty awesome invention!