Ladies Lounge Off Topic Section for female CBR enthusiasts to discuss non-CBR related topics.

cute story

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 12:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cute story

Yesterday I wanted to go have dinner with my b/f, but I also wanted to ride my bike (big surprise), so I led the way there and parked right in front. We go in, have our food, come back out and decide to go hang out at his shop. The shop is like a much larger version of most guys' garages: a place filled with tools where he goes to get away. Is it just me, or are guys that can BUILD stuff inherently hot?

Anyway, he makes it out of the parking lot quicker than I do because I'm still removing the locks on my bike (front and rear, paranoid much?). I'm not paying any attention to who's around me, and right as I'm undoing the front one, I hear, "OH! It's a GIRL! I thought it was a BOY." Now, I've just had my hair cut short so I guess I look a bit androgynous with the gear on, but as a child I got teased a lot for being a tomboy.

So just in that split second, I decide to turn around to see who'd said it, but I smile at them anyway. No harm done. It was just two girls, one about 5 and the other around 9 or so. I realize that they aren't just looking at me. They're up out of their chairs, staring at me and the bike, walking up closer, smiling. I almost start laughing because they're completely entranced. I look up again, smiling, look around at the family, back at the girls and say, "You guys want to hear the sound, right?" They both nod their heads furiously. Hilarious.

I tell them to give me a minute to get my gear on first. Once I'm ready, I put the kickstand up, click it into neutral and turn the key. I'm about to start it myself when I change my mind. I ask the little girl if she wants to push the start button. Of course! They both do. She comes over and just taps it, and the older girl holds it down until it catches, when I say "let go". Then I let each of them have a turn twisting the throttle. "Gently!" I say, but they get it up to 7 or 8 anyway.

It makes me happy to see other girls who are intrigued by motorcycles. God I love kids! Any time I ride out to an appointment I let my students turn the bike on, etc. They get such a kick out of it. So then after that, the dad asks, "How much was your Cadillac?", how much insurance costs, and if it's brand new. The whole family was watching and smiling. It was really kinda funny. I hope to teach a beginner's riding course someday, that would be fun. Here's to all the women riders: past, present and future. Cheers.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:43 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

When I first started reading this I thought you were about to be taunted or worse .... that is a nice story and I love it too when the public takes an interest in my bike, if you know they are genuinely interested you are happy to make an effort for them :-)

Jules

Old 07-15-2009, 08:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by 92seca2
Is it just me, or are guys that can BUILD stuff inherently hot?
AGREED!! My bf is a mechanic

And that is such an awesome story, especially when it is younger girls. One girl said to me once "You know most girls can't ride bikes." I said I bet you'd be great at it when you get older. You just have to practice, you'd be great. I think they just need 1 person to encourage them, and that's exactly what you did!! awesome!