Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

ridin at night

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ridin at night

been ridin for 2 months. replaced mirrors and brake lever from a drop off of the bike stand. got license, hit LA freeways (top speed 95 mph) and NOW i am ready to RIDE AT NIGHT!!!

i want to replace the lights. i saw the xenox bulbs on bikelitez.com.they are about 15 bux and state that they are direct replacement for factory stock. does not mean they are direct replacements or they are direct replacements for a kit that we forgot to mention that is 40 bux???

any advice/help welcome. thanks.
ready to hit the road again.

Old 01-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Default RE: ridin at night

Those are just standard halogens with a blue covering over the glass. They look a little better than stock, i guess, but they are actually not as bright.

If brighter lights are your goal you should look into doing an HID conversion, MUCH MUCH brighter and looks 1000 times better. You can buy a kit from that same website or you can pm Blue Fox and he should be able to refer you to an ebay vendor he uses that is the cheapest seller around.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:32 PM

thanks for the heads up on the lights. i will check out the kit. you are right -- brightness is the goal.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:11 PM

Aftermarket bulbs are just garbage over all, the only ones id go for is PIAA and as a matter of fact they are brighter then standard halogens but they don't put out as many lumens. If you want visibility you should get yellow bulbs like europe haha.

And yes if you want bright and visible HIDs is the way to go, although they suck on anything without a projector, if you adjust the beam you'll be just fine.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:56 PM

Those PIAA's are around around 4300K color i think. Thats bright white.

On HID kits if you want clear light then get either 4300K or 5000k. 6000k is a bit more common and just has a hint of blue. You dont really notice it but on white street signs and white stripes (<--- ya I thru in a band, cause I rock).

Now your relflectors are designed for halogens so with HID's its a hit or miss on light pattern and may need to be adjusted so you dont blind people. Just gonna have to do it and ride your bike past a friend driving in their car. Do a car cause they are the lowest vehicles.

I bought an HID kit from Harbor Freight. Its just a Low setting (no high beam) and they have reflector plates that help direct the light pattern. HF has a Hi/Lo kit but its just for H4 type fitting bulbs. Which fit my bike and I'll be returning the ones i'm running once they get them in the stores cause they broke *cough cough*. I just print off these 20% off coupons and they take them everytime. LOL

Here's some pics of mine. You see how it only takes up the top half of the lens. Well if you look close at the stock halogens it pretty much looks the same. I gained light even with just half lens.

Half way down the page.

https://cbrforum.com/m_451687/tm.htm

Old 01-08-2008, 07:01 PM

Just an FYI... I got excited about the weather bein nice the other night and I went for a ride. Needless to say, I left my tinted helmet shield on and thought nothing of it. Not a good idea!!!

Old 01-08-2008, 07:01 PM

Ya, if you see a car (usually mercedes or lexus) and the headlights look like crystal *****, thats a true HID projector. Some guys are able to get them mounted inside the lens cover/s and use them.

They bake the reflector part/s to turn them flat black cuase they arnt needed any more.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:04 PM

Its actually quite easy to put projectors in headlights especially the f4i headlights there huge, id love to do a low/high projector idea. Maybe once i get a spare headlight i might give it a shot.