Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

Anybody else feel RETARDED!?

Old 09-21-2007, 03:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody else feel RETARDED!?

So I'm getting ready to go home and clean my chain for the first time on this new bike I have. I've never cleaned a chain before I've always had it done by someone else.

I've worked on bikes before, even almost completely rebuilt a ninja 250 by myself, but I took my time and google searched alot of **** before even trying one thing.

But my deal is, it seems like everytime I ask a guy a question about my bike(it could be something simple or something huge) they look at me like, don't even try it just take it to a shop. Which kinda pisses me off because either one they think I can't do it because I'm a girl, or they think I can't do it because I'm retared.

So which is worse being a girl or being retarded?

Awwwwwhhhhh, I hate men some times.

I needed to vent, Sorry.

Katie
2004 CBR 600RR

[IMG]local://upfiles/20314/AEDFC8C803CC47CDA3BA87DCCDEB6084.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-21-2007, 06:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Anybody else feel RETARDED!?

I always feel like a retard...and I'm a guy...wait...is there a difference?

Anyway, I'm not one to be preaching about bike repair or any of that. I did pull my carbs out, clean out the jets and literally brought my bike back to life, but I am by far, no expert. Here's some information that you might find useful though:

Rear chain and sprockets
from Dan's Motorcycle Online Motorcycle Repair Course.

In addition, you might be able to download your Service Repair Guide from here: http://hondatech.info/downloads/Moto/

Hope that helps some.

Old 09-22-2007, 06:30 AM

Wow, a guy who knows the way to a girls heart is to answer her question with equality and give a lot or props to back up his info. That was cool woo545 .
My neighbor works on bikes, so if my husband doesn't answer me i can go and get show and tell from him.
But yeah, laxbuellgirl, it is kinda like walking into the car dealership with a guy and the salesman immediately approaches him. It is crap! I have always purchased the cars, motorcylces, atv's in my family. I do the research online and know what i am looking for. I leave the dealership immediately if the salesman is a chauvenist.
I think the old saying "if it has ****, what brain?"
Keep on doing your thing. Just because women look good doesn't mean we don't like getting our hands dirty.! Girl Power!

Old 09-25-2007, 12:30 PM

I'm not so sure it is you....it may be that they take it to the shop and don't have answers.....[8D]

Old 11-24-2007, 02:17 PM

I always just did all the work to my ex's bike, not because i thought she would mess it up but because I like working on them. Especially when you are adding aftermarket pieces.

I put her race rails on for her and we made some mirror block offs. She painted the inside of her windscreen black so it would look tinted and she also sprayed my old stunt bike black primer because I dont like painting.

Just get a repair manual and dont ask the people that are just plain retarded for information.

Old 12-28-2007, 03:27 PM

Talk about feeling retarded!!! I love my Honda's, but this is hilarious!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/22924/A71C0D4030E340B2AB7397128671CD32.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-28-2007, 05:23 PM

Thumbnail Image
Hey just like mine!

Old 12-29-2007, 04:23 PM

Can you get that poster or make that poster with another name than honda??? That would be great in my grage!!

Old 01-08-2008, 07:10 PM

I put the bike on centerstand and use painters tape on the rear tire. I guess I could take the rear tire off since its single sided arm.

Any ways. I use kerosene to clean the chain cause its thick enough not to penetrate the o-rings and its the shiz when its coming to industrial cleaning. Its strong scented and will stay on your skin for awhile so cover up. Dont bother with kerosene scents I dumped a whole bottle in a small cup and it didnt work. [>:]

I'm always searching for the perfect brush, but if you didnt let it goop up too much you can use a "hard" tooth brush. They're kinda hard to find since everyone sells "soft" toothbrushes. If not, Harbor Freight sells these cheap small 3 brush kits (nylon, brass, steel). The Nylon works.

Put some cardboard under the chain, tape up anything else you want to and just wet the brush and have at it. Use a water hose to hose it off from time to time and repeat. Since I'm cleaning with stinky kerosene I like to clean the chain as best as I can so I dont have to do it too often.

For LUBE. I use Dupont Teflon Multi-use spray. Its in a blue spray can that is at Blowes or Ho Depot.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/motor...chain-lube.htm

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anybody else feel RETARDED!?