Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

Muscle from bike?

  #1  
Old 03-26-2011, 03:22 AM
yumoncbr's Avatar
August 2011 ROTM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Aloha State
Posts: 1,267
Default Muscle from bike?

I always workout, but I feel my body got more muscle tone ever since I got my bike. Maybe because I cannot duck walk on the bike so I have to get off and push it back? And I always try to remember to use my core muscle so that my arms are not the one holding my body.
 
  #2  
Old 03-28-2011, 03:43 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: N. Arizona
Posts: 161
Default

I wouldn't say I've gained a ton of muscle, but moving around a 400lb machine does tend to work your body out.

After leading a sedentary lifestyle for a long time, even riding the bike was like working out. At first I'd get killer sore in the stomach after a long ride, now it doesn't bother me at all, and I'm starting to get a 6 pack.

Who says riding is bad for your health :P
 
  #3  
Old 03-28-2011, 03:47 PM
PlayfulGod's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dalton, GA
Posts: 6,026
Default

yup riding a sportbike will give u a workout esp if you ride aggressive n hang off each side. it will build legs, arms, back, and core muscles. You gain alot of size, but will def tone up big time if you ride alot.
 
  #4  
Old 03-28-2011, 05:26 PM
yumoncbr's Avatar
August 2011 ROTM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Aloha State
Posts: 1,267
Default

I had pretty good size biceps, but now it pops out when I flex. I don't lift weights anymore. lol. I just do cardio for workout
 
  #5  
Old 03-28-2011, 05:43 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: hartford, WI
Posts: 4
Default

im new on a bike. im finding out that my leg muscles tend to get real tight n tense up just from sittn on my cbr 600f4i for a period of time.... is its normal. has anybody else had this problem.... ill live lol love the bike wouldnt give it up for the world
 
  #6  
Old 03-29-2011, 07:34 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Clarion, PA
Posts: 434
Default

Originally Posted by yumoncbr View Post
And I always try to remember to use my core muscle so that my arms are not the one holding my body.
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
esp if you ride aggressive n hang off each side. it will build legs, arms, back, and core muscles.
This^^^
+1 TTFN
 
  #7  
Old 03-29-2011, 10:58 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: N. Arizona
Posts: 161
Default

Originally Posted by Ckris_90 View Post
im new on a bike. im finding out that my leg muscles tend to get real tight n tense up just from sittn on my cbr 600f4i for a period of time.... is its normal. has anybody else had this problem.... ill live lol love the bike wouldnt give it up for the world
This definitely happened to me, 30 or 45 min into the ride I'd realize my feet were tapping/shaking violently on the pegs.

Time in the saddle, and working on holding myself on the bike against the tank with my core, not with my arms and legs resolved the problem.

Riding a bike puts you in all kinds of weird positions that your body is not used to. With time, your body builds the muscles needed to support what you're trying to do.
 
  #8  
Old 03-30-2011, 04:08 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: hartford, WI
Posts: 4
Default

Originally Posted by comodidit View Post
This definitely happened to me, 30 or 45 min into the ride I'd realize my feet were tapping/shaking violently on the pegs.

Time in the saddle, and working on holding myself on the bike against the tank with my core, not with my arms and legs resolved the problem.

Riding a bike puts you in all kinds of weird positions that your body is not used to. With time, your body builds the muscles needed to support what you're trying to do.

thanks. do u have a tank grip, do they help?
 
  #9  
Old 03-30-2011, 11:44 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: N. Arizona
Posts: 161
Default

Originally Posted by Ckris_90 View Post
thanks. do u have a tank grip, do they help?
No tank grip. I'm not sure if it would help, I always thought they were just for decoration, but someone with experience might be able to answer it better.

I ride all the way up against the tank. Gravity and centrifugal force seem to hold me on well enough so I'm not really sliding around.
 
  #10  
Old 03-31-2011, 12:13 AM
itlnF4I's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: winterhaven, fl
Posts: 341
Default

a day of twisties sure will work you out
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
herbcbr1000f
Sights 'N Sounds
4
07-27-2011 02:36 PM
Timmy_Jones
Off Topic
16
10-18-2008 03:44 AM
89lx5o
Off Topic
21
05-05-2008 03:45 PM
jdschmidt
Off Topic
24
05-04-2008 07:54 AM
Kikepiz
Off Topic
37
03-21-2008 05:14 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Muscle from bike?


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.