CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Ladies Lounge (https://cbrforum.com/forum/ladies-lounge-46/)
-   -   Muscle from bike? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/ladies-lounge-46/muscle-bike-123011/)

yumoncbr 03-26-2011 03:22 AM

Muscle from bike?

I always workout, but I feel my body got more muscle tone ever since I got my bike. Maybe because I cannot duck walk on the bike so I have to get off and push it back? And I always try to remember to use my core muscle so that my arms are not the one holding my body.

comodidit 03-28-2011 03:43 PM

I wouldn't say I've gained a ton of muscle, but moving around a 400lb machine does tend to work your body out.

After leading a sedentary lifestyle for a long time, even riding the bike was like working out. At first I'd get killer sore in the stomach after a long ride, now it doesn't bother me at all, and I'm starting to get a 6 pack.

Who says riding is bad for your health :P

PlayfulGod 03-28-2011 03:47 PM

yup riding a sportbike will give u a workout esp if you ride aggressive n hang off each side. it will build legs, arms, back, and core muscles. You gain alot of size, but will def tone up big time if you ride alot. :)

yumoncbr 03-28-2011 05:26 PM

I had pretty good size biceps, but now it pops out when I flex. I don't lift weights anymore. lol. I just do cardio for workout

Ckris_90 03-28-2011 05:43 PM

im new on a bike. im finding out that my leg muscles tend to get real tight n tense up just from sittn on my cbr 600f4i for a period of time.... is its normal. has anybody else had this problem.... ill live lol love the bike wouldnt give it up for the world

amRRussel 03-29-2011 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by yumoncbr (Post 1030854)
And I always try to remember to use my core muscle so that my arms are not the one holding my body.

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod (Post 1031835)
esp if you ride aggressive n hang off each side. it will build legs, arms, back, and core muscles.

This^^^
+1 :icon_werd: :icon_mrgreen: TTFN :icon_beamme:

comodidit 03-29-2011 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Ckris_90 (Post 1031879)
im new on a bike. im finding out that my leg muscles tend to get real tight n tense up just from sittn on my cbr 600f4i for a period of time.... is its normal. has anybody else had this problem.... ill live lol love the bike wouldnt give it up for the world

This definitely happened to me, 30 or 45 min into the ride I'd realize my feet were tapping/shaking violently on the pegs.

Time in the saddle, and working on holding myself on the bike against the tank with my core, not with my arms and legs resolved the problem.

Riding a bike puts you in all kinds of weird positions that your body is not used to. With time, your body builds the muscles needed to support what you're trying to do.

Ckris_90 03-30-2011 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by comodidit (Post 1032098)
This definitely happened to me, 30 or 45 min into the ride I'd realize my feet were tapping/shaking violently on the pegs.

Time in the saddle, and working on holding myself on the bike against the tank with my core, not with my arms and legs resolved the problem.

Riding a bike puts you in all kinds of weird positions that your body is not used to. With time, your body builds the muscles needed to support what you're trying to do.

thanks. do u have a tank grip, do they help?

comodidit 03-30-2011 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Ckris_90 (Post 1032638)
thanks. do u have a tank grip, do they help?

No tank grip. I'm not sure if it would help, I always thought they were just for decoration, but someone with experience might be able to answer it better.

I ride all the way up against the tank. Gravity and centrifugal force seem to hold me on well enough so I'm not really sliding around.

itlnF4I 03-31-2011 12:13 AM

a day of twisties sure will work you out