Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Trying the six-star muscle supp stack...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying the six-star muscle supp stack...

Well I have been lifting pretty serious for about 2 years now and have decided to try some different prodcuts. I gave no-explode a shot and liked it, didnt LOVE it as some people described. I always take whey/soy/caesin protein and a multivitamin but its time for something new. I went to wally world and bought their N.O. ore-workout shake, creatine, and protein. Im gonna give it a shot for like 6 weeks and see what kind of gains I make. I am 5'10 and weigh 180-182ish. I am pretty athletic, a little body fat but not much. I would love to be a solid 185-187 at the end. Hell, with this creatine I may be to 190, but we'll see.

This thread will serve two purposes, to track gains and encourage others to do the same. From the quit smoking thread I figured this would be a lot of fun!

I am going to stay in the 6-10 rep range and try for 2 or 3 sets with heavy weight. I dont mind gaining a little fat/water weight in the process it is getting cold out, no time to cut weight yet! So who wants to join me? See if these cheapo wal mart products work. here would be a normal day....

Start day with protein shake (important to break that catabolism from sleep!), normal meals, take NO product about 30mins pre-workout on a mostly empty stomach. Immediately after workout (no more than 50 minutes!!) drink a creatine shake, drive home (20 minutes) and then consume 2 protein shakes with skim milk. Thats like 70-80G carbs and 50G of protein post workout. The supps have lots of BCAAs,glutamine,quick carbs, caffeine and other stuff. Im gonna eat tons and drink 1 to 1.5 gallons of water a day! Not sure when I am going to start this whole routine...maybe Sunday.

It would be cool for someone to post what kind of products they use and gains they make. I try for aschedule like this....

1-Chest/Abs
2-Back/Calves
3-Shoulders/abs
off
4-Legs/forearms
off
Repeat

Arm workout later in the week with some cardio if I feel up to it. I do heavy shrugs on shoulder days, maybe back days if im really pumped up.

If this thread is totally off subject,feel free to remove it.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: Trying the six-star muscle supp stack...

The creatine tastes like death, good luck.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the six star whey protein in Vanilla flavour. It tastes terrible, ive never had the chocolate before but after having the vanilla i'd def recommend it, it couldnt be any worse.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:52 PM

I have been in the gym for the past 2-3 years trying to gain weight and muscle mass, but I'm almost 6'4" and was <170 lbs when I started and now b/t 190-200... I've been drinking the BSN products, the one that come in the clear red canisters, called True Mass. They are so good, the strawberry one is awesome. I started with the cyto-gainer stuff but that had to much fat and calories and stuff...but the True Mass has been a good product for me...

I recently bought the new CytoGainer product called Monster Milk, it's like Muscle Milk but with less fat/calories and more amino and complex proteins... and it tastes great as well...

Name:  BSN-True-Mass-Vanilla.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  11.5 KB

I don't take creatine, I've heard bad things about it, like it doesn't actually help you much and it causes your muscles to retain water so you look bigger, when your actually not. Also, my friends tell me it's like a form of laxative as well...

I have a pre-workout drink called "Black Powder" that has creatine in it for the few extra pumps at the end os each set, this also seems to be a good product for me.

Name:  hero_blackpowder.png
Views: 165
Size:  271.5 KB

I try to go at least 4 times a week, for 45-1 hour at a clip...

One full workout is chest
Next biceps and back
Next triceps and shoulders
Next abs, obliques, lower back and/or stationary bike

Old 10-16-2008, 02:08 PM

Instead of buying a creatine mix buy kre-alkalyn buffered creatine pills such as Purple-k. No need to load up initially, you don't get the side effects, and works immediately. Trust me on this one.

http://www.befit.ca/purplek.html

Old 10-16-2008, 02:24 PM

Are these products really that crappy? Man, im bummed out now. I bought the brand new protein, I agree the old one pictured above tastes like CRAP. Im gonna go try a protein shake and report back here. Creatine can't taste that bad....can it? I know that creatine works, your friends who say it bloats them and makes them crap must not react to it right. I know I tried cell-tech a while back and couldnt even drink it, it was so bad. I may end up returning the creatine....try those pills. Why is is just creatine monohydrate? Not ester? I figured the different kinds of creatine would be better than straight monohydrate.

I tried muscle milk protein and loved it, tasted awesome, too expensive.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:55 PM

I do 6 protein shakes a day(two at a time) each with BCAA dose and L glutamine dose mixed in. Multivitamin twice a day, and(cant remember the name) a pill for joints three times a day cuz i have a bad shoulder/elbow/knee/hip on the right side of my body from multiple dislocations and such. I cycle creatine 6 weeks on, 9 weeks off(but have not for 9 months or so, doing well without it) also, monohydrate is the best you can buy, all that other shiz is just to make you spend more money, if you load properly and use it properly then your body can not absorb anymore than it does on monohydrate, ester just absorbs more efficiently so you dont need as much, but they charge you three times as much for it and it taste like hell. Another product im very fond of for cardio is Oxydrene, its incredible how much longer you can run with it, just started a cycle on it again and almost to point where it starts to work(today or tmr, works after 3-5 days).

Only thing i noticed bad about what you said(besides wally world products) is caffeine, stay away from it, if you do some research you will see it greatly deprives your muscles of blood and therefore oxygen, protein, acids, water, etc. Stay away from it as much as possible. It will also help if your body is not addicted to caffeine, cut it out all together and it will make you more energetic in the long run.

keep us posted.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:32 PM

Every muscle and fitness mag I have ever read says caffeine is excellent. Gives you energy and blunts the muscle pain of working out....hmmmm

Old 10-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try this stuff works great http://www.thesupplementrating.com/listing.php?id=985http://www.thesupplementrating.com/listing.php?id=1014you wont be disappointed trust me

Old 10-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Banned

Sometimes products work for a while then stop. So if you are noticing a certain NO products work for a while then not so much, don't worry about it.

Take some arm pics/measurements for before and after. have fun.

Quick Reply: Trying the six-star muscle supp stack...