The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Who likes guns?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 07:59 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh well, if I'm not allowed to steal Kilgore's Ruger - is there a Colt Woodsman around out there...........That should be one that Nevada will remember........?

Old 05-13-2009, 11:57 PM

The dot is red - so it's lipstick.............
and any more out of you and I'm bringing an electric Gatling to the desert.
It's all good.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:05 AM

Never mind Steve
That image scares ME
RIGID

Last edited by Shadow; 05-14-2009 at 01:07 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey fellas,

It's good that everyone's mellowed out a bit! We're never going to understand or agree with each other about everything, but we all agree on one thing; CBR1000Fs...and that's surely enough. btw I've got a 12g under over (for clays), 12g side by side (still my favourite!), .410, and a couple of rifles, a .22 rimfire (really cheap fun) and BSA .222.
Nothing that compares to some of your gear but a heap of fun, especially going out in the front paddock with the young bloke on a Saturday arvo and blasting some clays! My Doberman takes care of security.

Shooting's great fun!

Old 05-14-2009, 09:13 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave, it is great fun! I like clays a lot, myself. I used to practice all summer when I was little. I had a hand thrower, and I would throw, grab the gun, and shoot. Believe me, you get better when you have to throw your own. With that method, it's real easy to just wait for them to crest. You really have all the time in the world if you can make a long shot. They hang out there in the distance, and it's an easy pic. Like shooting a stationary target.
If you want an even harder challenge, take the .410 for trap. That will humble most people. I had an NEF single shot, but I gave it to the boy for his 10th birthday last year. I got home from work and realized I didn't have a gift for him, so I pulled it out of the safe, wiped it down, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Nevadaman.... since your last post about the gatling attachment, the little voice in my head is no longer allowing me to have mental pictures!! He says I'm cut off! He mumbled something, and then he threw up on my cerebellum. I fell down and then he yelled "No more mental pictures for you!"

Old 05-14-2009, 09:31 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On a side note, I thought I'd share a little story about someone breaking into my house. This happened a couple months ago.

It's 3am, I'm sound asleep. My border collie comes in and wakes me up. He's whining and jumping around, and he keeps staring at the bedroom door. Then I hear a load "thud" outside.
I grab the glock from my nightstand, and open the bedroom door really slow. My dog takes off like a shot...barking the whole way. I slowly creep down the hall, checking every room. I look out into the dining room, and I see a shadow of a head go by the window. At this point, I'm like "WTF is going on?".
I look into the kitchen, and my dog is sitting in front of the sliding glass door, wagging his tail. I walk up behind him, look through the door, and see a police officer! I sat the gun down on the table, opened the door, and said "Can I help you, sir?"
He says, "Yeah, I think so....could you get your dam Jeep out of the middle of the road?"
So, I'm standing there in a snowstorm in my boxers and a t-shirt, look around the side of the house....and sure enough, my Jeep is in the middle of the road, blocking 2 snowplows and a line of traffic!!
Apparently, I forgot to set the parking brake, and even though it was in gear, it slowly rolled down the hill and stopped in the center of the road.
Talk about embarrased. Then, after I got my clothes on and was walking down to it (with everybody staring), I realized I had put my shirt on backwards!!

Quick Reply: Who likes guns?