The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Who likes guns?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, deer beds are a no-no!!

I'm gonna try your tick removal method next time. Just gotta get one to bite me!!

I love the "pop" sound when you light 'em up. Blow torch works great....instant gratification!

Old 05-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default well.....

Living in the UK I can't even say the word Gnu without my door being kicked in

Old 05-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

See, that would be weird for me. I carry every day.

I mean, what do you do when you need to open a can of beer? Or how do you shut off a lamp when you don't feel like getting up to turn it off?

My dad made a trip to China last year, and when he returned he said that the first night at dinner, all the guys over there wanted to talk to him about guns. My dad said that first they wanted to know if he had guns. Once he said "yes", they wanted to know how many people he had killed!
He got quite a kick out oof this. He kept trying to explain to them that he doesn't kill people with them, but they just kept saying "Well then why do you have them??"
I know this story doesn't exactly apply to the UK, etc... but it does show how different many countries view the whole gun thing...

Old 05-12-2009, 05:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thanks for the US history lesson. I think i missed the mark there, we still have the right to own weapons and also the right to protect ourselves from aggression. We also have a political system that controls the government and stops exploitation. We just don't allow the general public to own military style weapons and it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon.
So why is there a need to own military style weapons, is it because you fear your government that much that you feel the need to protect yourself from them? or? and what's so threatening at work or in a restaurant that requires 9mm of protection?
Rod

Last edited by otr002; 05-12-2009 at 06:58 AM.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:01 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Steve , that assistant of yours is gonna need bigger Bazookas if she's gonna take me out and your right about the thread

Old 05-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Steve = tell your assistant if she shoots me with her gun, I'll shoot her with mind.........
I know who'll have more fun.............Besides a trouser snake is far more deadly than anything she can find I'm sure.
Steve's right guys - let's keep it on who likes them, and stay away from the morality issues please. Its a sensitive issue - if you really want to go and have a look in the history of this forum, and you will see how sensitive it is.
The other option is to go to PM's and have a ball !

Quick Reply: Who likes guns?