The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Who likes guns?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is a badass arsenal right there, steve. I like the big pink and purple glittery one with the yellow pump!
It amazes me how non-gun looking they make these things nowadays. First the stupid little orange plug in the end (that we all ripped out in the first minute of gunplay), and now they all look like guns the goshdam tooth fairy would carry.

Nevada, that is truly awesome. We have the same kind of laws here in PA. We are an open carry state, too. You only need a license to conceal a gun, and a private property owner (business) can only ask you to leave. You better dam well leave their property, though, or face some criminal charges. Nevada sounds even a little better, though. However, Alaska is the greatest ever. I bet those clowns from the Republic of Kalifornia do about shlt bricks when they visit you guys...
Now that you are mall security, you need to study the great writings of the infamous gecko45. He is an internet legend in the online gun community....The original "Mall Ninja" if you will.....
Here are some copies of his post's If you have some spare time and haven't seen it, take a look. Some funny stuff.

On that note, I'll sign off with a pic......

Name:  teamkillers.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  73.1 KB

Old 05-10-2009, 12:09 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have dibbs on the galaxy meggasupernovablaster in the middle

Maybe if we had Nevadas gun laws we'd have less crime, as it seems here only the criminals can have guns.
Africa is in a sad state boys I kid you not.......................

Old 05-10-2009, 08:42 AM
Administrator - Retired

Yep, you're right Nevadaman. I always carry, too. I'll be dammed if some criminal is gonna walk all over me because of law. Don't get me wrong, the law in this state is actually pretty good, but I know many states that the poor law-abiding citizen is an easy target. I don't know why the government insists on limiting the rights of the good citizen in some of these states. It is downright dangerous and counterproductive. First glaring example I can think of is maryland (because it's 10mins away from me). If I enter that state, I'm not allowed to legally carry (they won't give you a permit). You can tell it's a no carry zone, too, because the criminals are much more brazen. They have no fear of being stopped. They run the show, have guns illegally anyway, and they know it.
Crime in good carry states is less, and yet the antis ignore the facts.

My sister was mugged a couple years ago. Thank god they just stole her purse and her cell and money and did no harm to her. She's a liberal dem, and didn't understand why anyone would want to carry. She's starting to understand a little better after that ordeal. Criminals are not going away, and neither are guns. I think the least we can do is keep a level playing field for the "good guys".
There are other reasons for us keeping armed, too, but I'll save you all the extra rant.
I have to go to work.

The only other thing I'll say is that the average good guy carrying knows what carry and the right to bear arms is all about, and is simply levelling the playing field for himself and his family. There are very few people in my life that even know I carry. It's not about being cool, it's about being protected just in case. My state (for the time being) is holding on to laws that protect the constitution, and I'm greatful for that, but not complacent. In order to get a carry pemit in this state, you fill out a form and pay your $20. It's a right. But it's up to the people to preserve that right.

Old 05-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Administrator - Retired

Yep, I'm about 50miles south of that factory, right on the MD line. Hell, we have a company picnic at the amusement park every year.
You're right about ticks....everywhere. Some years worse than others.

I like it around here. It's nice. I guess everywhere has it's ups and downs, though. I hate winter here.
I really liked my few visits out west, though. We've talked about moving out that direction, and my boss is gonna let me know of any possible transfers to the area.

You are dead on about control. What has always amazed me in this country is how people just go along with it. I mean, even obvious BS laws. Everybody just kind of shrugs it off and accepts it as part of life. Well, it's not. Crooked politicians just straight up lie to the masses to get somewhere and then do whatever they feel like and people accept it.
It's crazy. I think people are just too dam tired from working all the time to put up a fight...

Old 05-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Administrator - Retired

Nevada, I couldn't have said it any better. You are absolutely correct, my man... and I've said the same thing many times.
There is even some of that going on now!

As far as ticks, I had a similar experience last summer. I was working in a control panel at a pump station. I was sitting on a manhole cover in the woods wiring up some flow controls when I happened to look down and I was covered in ticks. Apparently, they had nested somewhere nearby, and they were crawling everywhere like ants!! Crazy feeling, isn't it! Not much fun, really.
That's an interesting way to remove them, btw.. I've never tried that. I always just grab 'em real close and rip them.

Quick Reply: Who likes guns?