The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

What RU listening 2 right now?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 04:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TYB just downloaded the newest Rush album "Snakes and Arrows". They,ve taken a step back towards their earlier, rockier stuff. Pretty good stuff imo.

I'm so glad my kids don't listen to rap or soft **** music! All that heavy rock playing loud when they were still in the wombe must have done some good after all.

Motorhead gig in two days ...where did I put those earplugs??

Old 03-29-2011, 10:38 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY

TYB just downloaded the newest Rush album "Snakes and Arrows".
RUSH is my very favorite group. I love all there music, plus I have all there songs on Itunes.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:08 AM

Yeah they're one of my top bands and TYBs favourite. I saw them live on the Moving Pictures tour and on the Exit Stage Left one. Both times they were at Wembley Arena, which is a pretty big venue, so they were quite far away, and the atmosphere was lost a bit. The music blew me away though.

If they tour over here TYB and I are going, for sure! He'd never forgive me if I didn't take him. My daughter's not too fussed on them, but she can't wait for Motorhead on Friday night...that's my girl!!!

Old 03-30-2011, 10:14 AM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Talking

Yea I have seen of few of there concerts, I did see the Snakes n Arrows concert.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:20 PM

I'll tell TYB...he'll turn green with envy. Every now and then I trot out the old "Did I ever tell you I saw them live...twice?" I normally get some kind of abuse in return .

I imagine they tour all the time over there but it might not work out financially for them to come 'down under'. Not many people I speak to here even know who they are. Only a couple of TYBs mates at school have heard of them, and that's because of their parents' good taste.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:28 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

Here's a blast from the past, reminds me of my school days. Schools out and Billion Dollar Babies were the albums for me

YouTube - Alice Cooper - Gutter Cat vs. the Jets

Old 04-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was very much enjoying Black Sabbath at work on my MP3 player today. And a little Led Zeppelin II. Can't wait to go back to work tomorrow. I spend most of my time in a wetlands wildlife refuge, hunting mosquito larvae in one of the most beautiful places on the planet. Maybe I'll listen to Greg Brown tomorrow.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:54 PM

Wow1 I just listened to Vol 4 and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, nice one

Old 04-26-2011, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Black Sabbath is one of my fav's. It just doesn't get old, but wow, you know they were playing it in the grocery store the other day. Who would have thunk back in the day, that Sabbath would one day be played in a public, family atmosphere like a grocery store? Don't they know that this music is supposed to represent rebellion!

Old 04-28-2011, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Smiles w/ Bugs
Black Sabbath is one of my fav's. It just doesn't get old, but wow, you know they were playing it in the grocery store the other day. Who would have thunk back in the day, that Sabbath would one day be played in a public, family atmosphere like a grocery store? Don't they know that this music is supposed to represent rebellion!
Yeah now you can rebel while you shop It's strange how a generations music is eventually assimilated into the norm and the shocking no longer prompts even a comment. At one time mothers would have run screaming from the store with their hands clamped firmly over their children's ears

Quick Reply: What RU listening 2 right now?