The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

What do you do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So Sawnee ..............time to Pony Up Dude ..........wot u do ?
I just noticed that.... sawnee started this chit and didn't even post his job!
Come on now, man, you're holdin' out on us!

Yeah Michael's definitely in the lead with 'cool job' , so far!
Oh really, Hawk?? So you're sayin' that bein' the chit plant operator at the local dump isn't the coolest job on here? Geez, I made all that chit up for nothing? I thought you'd all be impressed...
Ok, fine.. I'll be honest now..... I'm a 300ft tall Robot. I do cool robot things all day, like crushing houses and stuff.

Steve, nothin' wrong with being a plumber. I've laid some pipe in my day, too, and never had any complaints...
I think it's cool that you're good with computers, too. I wish I was. You'd think by growing up with them, I'd be good at it... but alas.. I am not..

Old 07-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up well

Originally Posted by CBRclassic

My dog Max and the internet saved my butt !!!! from going nutty ...yer yer , worse than I am now ....a thought that is somewhat of a shocker for some here , I know !!
Thing is ........ya got through it.....and yeah we latch on to chit that keeps our
heads above water and the marbles in place.........it's normal. Other
poor bastards go bungy jumping without the cord !

My missus says she's an internet widow all the time..........she's as bad with
it as I am.........so now I make no excuses.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:27 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Sir Trout! Your job is coool tooo man! You get to play with some realy cool stuff! The equivalent in my line of work would be for the pilots letting me have a go flying the plane! It just aint gonna happen

But when it comes down to it , we're both shoveling **** , we're just at opposite ends and if we were in a bar trying to impress the ladies , I think the super-hero fire fighting champ might just have the edge

Old 07-20-2009, 08:32 AM
Administrator - Retired

^^^ Good point, Hawkman....

But at the bar, I'm usually a Doctor, Lawyer, or Special Agent.
(J/K)...

Old 07-20-2009, 08:37 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

But at the bar, I'm usually a Doctor, Lawyer, or Special Agent.

I had a mate who used to call himself an amateur gynaecologist at parties !
He had some incredible stories .......................

Old 07-20-2009, 08:43 AM
Administrator - Retired

Ha ha... I bet he did...

Old 07-20-2009, 09:17 AM
RIP "The Baron of Bronson"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys we all got good jobs, hell in this time just glad to have one! I have swung a hammer, turned wrenches, and dug ditches in my life. Hell I STILL dig ditches in my forest fire work. There used to be a funny commercial on local TV for a trade school about "get some training or you're gonna dig ditches". I have YEARS of training and school WTH! I think the "smart" one here is working inside on computers . As for flying..... I'm a BIG fan of gravity...... I am a WUSS when it comes to flying lol.....

Originally Posted by hawkwind
Hey Sir Trout! Your job is coool tooo man! You get to play with some realy cool stuff! The equivalent in my line of work would be for the pilots letting me have a go flying the plane! It just aint gonna happen

But when it comes down to it , we're both shoveling **** , we're just at opposite ends and if we were in a bar trying to impress the ladies , I think the super-hero fire fighting champ might just have the edge
This is why I always said I was a garbage collector. Actually I'd really like to do that! To hell with my fire engine, I want to drive one of the BIG toys at the landfill! I usually wait to drop the Fireman card untill WAY late; unless if I'm talking to Mr Radar Gun and way out of a speeding ticket (only works about %60)! You really find out the quality of the gals that way.

TRUTH BE TOLD..... I love the guys I work with and some I am closer with than members of my family. Really all we are is a bunch of grown up kids (mentally and behaviorally) that have to get serious at times. Its actually kinda funny we have to sayings that are 100% true.

"Girls that have never dated a fireman want to. The ones that have NEVER will again" SEVERAL of me exes will attest to this one.

And

"If kids parents knew how we REALLY were they'd NEVER let 'em become us"

HAHA. Its kinda sad but true. I would trust any of these guys with my life and family's lives. But we can be a real Motley crew. I guess its kinda like the military.