70's
0.33%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Vote -How many old coots on Hurricanes?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Dylan .......your are in the middle section yourself right ???

teens + 20's young fartz
30's + 40's middle aged fartz
50's + 60's old fartz

or how do you see it

Old 10-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in the 5%.
The only 20 something on the board....

Old 10-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

61 and playing on the big bike. Looks like the 40's & 50's are tie for second place. If you're older than 60 you deserve respect from the kids...let's get back to basics.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:49 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be 50 next month , with a mental age of around 14 , never managed to get the maturity thing

I can't see myself growing up any time soon , in fact I want to make up for lost time! As you get older I think you should take more risks 'cos adrenalin keeps you young

It's funny how we equate music with age????????? Surely music is either good or bad , otherwise any music over 6 months old isn't worth listening to?? So the latest pop is fantastic and Beethoven is cr4p!

I like it all , so long as it's good

So looks like Dylan is the baby of the group so far , Though I'd dare say I could give him a run for his money when it comes to being immature

But Dylan , if you do buy an RR I'll come over and show you how mature I am , stick maround and keep us young

Something I've always liked about the US and OZ is , they'll play older music on the radio , in the UK it's like music didn't exist before 2000 , reguardless of genre

Is good to see bands like Ten Years After mentioned and it's nice to know I can talk about guy's like Rory Gallagher and know you'll all know who he is , otherwise we'd all be in the 'Off Topic', section!

Old 10-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about the rest of the world, but the cover on the owners manual for my 08 CBR 1000 calls it a hurricane! 41 and still riding the hurricanes!

Old 10-09-2009, 07:24 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Sixpack, I bet shadow is getting teary-eyed looking at that pic. Aaaahh... the good old days.
Nahh , not for one minute , he's looking at that picture and thinking , 'those darn new fangled , "Penny Farthing" bicycles....what's wrong with walking , like we used to do in the "good old days"?'

Old 10-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Administrator - Retired

I don't know about the rest of the world, but the cover on the owners manual for my 08 CBR 1000 calls it a hurricane! 41 and still riding the hurricanes!
I have never heard that before, thrasher. Very neat to know.
Maybe you canucks are cool after all.
Just kidding, you know. I can't wait to get up there again. In fact, I was just watching SCTV clips on youtube last night (particularly "the great white north"). Good show, eh? Good bike, too, eh?

Old 10-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Administrator - Retired

So looks like Dylan is the baby of the group so far , Though I'd dare say I could give him a run for his money when it comes to being immature

But Dylan , if you do buy an RR I'll come over and show you how mature I am , stick maround and keep us young
Yep, I guess I'm the young'un.... and you have no idea the immaturity I'm capable of...

If I do get an RR, you're more than welcome to come run it. I'll take the 'Cane....

Nahh , not for one minute , he's looking at that picture and thinking , 'those darn new fangled , "Penny Farthing" bicycles....what's wrong with walking , like we used to do in the "good old days"?'
I can hear him now... "Bicycles were unheard of! I had 10 siblings and we had to share 2 pairs of shoes! My day to wear 'em was on Monday.... started the week off right! The weekend, we just did without so there was no arguement over who got 'em. "

Last edited by kilgoretrout; 10-09-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Yep, I guess I'm the young'un.... and you have no idea the immaturity I'm capable of...

If I do get an RR, you're more than welcome to come run it. I'll take the 'Cane....
Ah but Dylan old Pal .....you do breath some good fresh air in here most times.

Screw the RR and stay with the Cane ..........after all Dr Diet is getting a
shindig at Deals Gap all lined up for those that want to make it a point of
being there.

50 u say next month Steve .......dayum that'll be reason to give it a go
round on the Schenly's again......congrats man.

Temp Australians .....just saw that ........chit that's a laff Steve ............
My Mum refers to me as the suicide merchant !!!! having been the more
adventurous one in the family

Last edited by Sprock; 10-09-2009 at 07:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Vote -How many old coots on Hurricanes?