The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 05:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys. Welcome to the forum toom. The guys at motorcycle panel and paint In Perth Western Australia done a great job on her. And it has been awesome to be back on her every day to and from work and as many weekend rides as I can get in

Old 04-29-2019, 05:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Toomanytoys
Hi Guys,
New to the forum but not to Hurricanes, had 2 from 1986 to 1993 then life got in the way
Anyway just bought one in the UK (for my 60th) but won't get to see our new girl until September when we head over for a trip to Europe, its a bit of a risk as I am trusting the seller but had good vibes when talking too him, he is going to get it MOT'd and get the dealer to check it over for me before I get it relocated to a friends place.
The down side is we are having to buy all new kit which will cost about as much as the bike but we plan to import her back here to Perth after the trip.

Hey Rhonda really glad you got yours fixed its all to easy to let insurance companies write them off and then its another one that disappears, whoever fixed it did a fine job on it, where abouts in Perth are you? I am in Booragoon.
welcome fellow perthite I’m over in Camillo bud. Yep the first panel beater was going to write it off so I asked him who else to take it to and he said Motocycle panel and paint in Osbourne park and as you can see they done a magnificent job. When you get your bike we should meet up and go for a ride been hang to get out with another 1k f

Old 08-20-2019, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Default It's been a while........

Ummmm, Hey Guys!

I've been missing in action for quite a goodly while. Very involved with a local classic motorcycle club, Grandfather twice over now and just back from my 4th journey across the Himalaya.
CBR1000Fs are parked away and other bikes have kept me honest for the last while. Below a 1975 Guzzi 850T and DJP sidecar found in a shed not 5km from my place. After a 20 year slumber and 5 hours work on the fuel and electrics it fired up straight away! Then there was the complete rebuild of the front leading links, brakes and wiring - a few more weeks work. Came up nicely though.
Anyway, I hope you all are well and still riding.
Cheers, SB

Old 08-21-2019, 01:52 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

SB is alive!!!!!!! Had us worried man....

Why are you not using your regular account?

Old 08-21-2019, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 74demon
SB is alive!!!!!!! Had us worried man....

Why are you not using your regular account?
I would have if I could remember my password. My old laptop crashed, and not one of my passwords I use worked, three lots of emails to Admins (?) over a month or so failed to get a response so I had to give up. Didn't think of doing this until yesterday.

If you wish, dear 74demon, you could reset my password sending it to my new email address. I'll PM you that if you want. Also the two-step authentication had me utterly beat. IQ must be slipping.

Cheers, SB

Below: About a month ago in the Himalaya. Taglangla, in Ladahk, India.

The following users liked this post:
Cuda (02-21-2024)
Old 08-21-2019, 03:01 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

I can reset the password, then you can change it to whatever you want once you are in. The two step thing you will need to set up again.

PM on the way....

Old 08-21-2019, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks!

Old 08-21-2019, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator
Received 311 Likes on 255 Posts

Ummm, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!!!!!
Demon and I were discussing flipping a coin to see who would go down there and check on you.

Glad you are back and above ground.

Old 08-21-2019, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by hamlin6
Ummm, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!!!!!
Demon and I were discussing flipping a coin to see who would go down there and check on you.

Glad you are back and above ground.
News of my demise have been greatly exaggerated! Demon and I are trying to sort my login details for the original account at the moment. It's quite funny looking at "junior member' in the header.
So where have I been? Plenty of stories to tell

I do have a new dog - of which more later when I get my old account up and running.

I gather you are well and still riding?

Cheers, SB

Old 08-21-2019, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator
Received 311 Likes on 255 Posts

Yes sir. Everything is fine in my life. Still kicking. I have too many projects that my wife has queued for me. Based off that, I don't think I'll ever die. No time. I do still find time to get the tires on the pavement. Great to hear you are a grandfather. It's one of my favorite things in life.
Get settled back into the place and fill us in on your life when you get a chance.

Quick Reply: Roll Call