The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

ratticane lives

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 03:25 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey there Gary , welcome to the forum

Looks like you got yourself a nice little number there and if it's in one piece , a bargain to boot.

The plastics can be repaired , Bluebeard busted his up pretty good in an argument with a tree , but he's put them back together and they look good judging by the last pictures he posted Do a search it might inspire you

Old 11-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice Cruisers there Gary man. "Wife gets more time in than you" ........well we all have to
bear these burdens man. But to be honest our good ladies earn it and deserve a good break to go off and take time out for themselves too . It's how it is give and take man.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thrilled she rides it so much, I wave goodbye each morning as she takes it to work! Bought an 87 parts hulk for the front wheel, basically a rolling chassis with a butchered frame. It has brakes, forks, h-bars, controls, still in the van so no pics yet. I am Jonesing for the manual to show up. Thanks for all the encouragement. I am going to go look up Bluebeards plastic puzzle saga. This sounds like a bad case of scope creep and I'm only three days into it. I like the international flavor here, beer from around the world.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah Gary, it's cool all the different places we're from but more than just the bikes in common. Mostly drinkers, music lovers and a lot of recreational shooters too. If the drinking comes after any combo of the others, it has to be a bloody good time doesn't it?

Old 11-05-2009, 05:28 PM

Gary, welcome to the forum. Our girls just look better with the dress on...fix the plastic. Maybe I'll see you on the road when the white season is gone.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:54 PM

Could be, Old Sage The Slimey crud run in the spring is always worth a trip! I put 20 miles on it today. The Character continues to surface. But overall it does what it is supposed to. 60 here tomorrow.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:05 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldest Sage
Gary, welcome to the forum. Our girls just look better with the dress on...fix the plastic. Maybe I'll see you on the road when the white season is gone.

that would be neat ..........So Oldest One .........did you procure a motor ?? I seem to remember you were looking out for a replacement.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gggGary
I'm thrilled she rides it so much, I wave goodbye each morning as she takes it to work! Bought an 87 parts hulk for the front wheel, basically a rolling chassis with a butchered frame. It has brakes, forks, h-bars, controls, still in the van so no pics yet. I am Jonesing for the manual to show up. Thanks for all the encouragement. I am going to go look up Bluebeards plastic puzzle saga. This sounds like a bad case of scope creep and I'm only three days into it. I like the international flavor here, beer from around the world.
Download
Workshop Manuals:
http://blackbears.ru/index_en.php?get=manual 600f-1000f 87-96
http://www.carlsalter.com/motorcycle-manuals.asp
There are other links if you get stuck

If you need help with the plastics diagram - try
www.mrcycles.com

Last edited by Shadow; 11-05-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:54 AM

Heres my latest on Ratticane. One of the radiator end caps is leaking, has anyone repaired theirs? Aluminum solder? When I apply the rear brake firmly but not skidding the rear end jinks left. No issues on, off power just with the brake. On the center stand no obvious looseness or slop anywhere, any idea? what is acceptable run out on the front rim? The one on there is bent. bought a hulk chassis and it apears that wheel isn't the greatest either. Related; anyone have the front wheel bearing size? Finally I am trying to get a handle on the acceleration, it hits a lean (I believe) spot between about 7 and 8 I can nurse the throttle through it then it runs 8 to red line fine. I saw mentions of a 5K flat spot but this seems higher, then again idle shows 0 RPM on the tach so maybe it is the 5K flat spot. Not sure I saw an answer for that. V&H full pipe, oiled K&N in the stock airbox. 107.5 mains, one aluminum washer under the needles. I did not check the low speed jet size the idle screws are 2 1/4 turns out, it idles great and is pretty good everywhere but that flat spot. Hard copy of the 87 factory manual is on it's way. If I get my old sheet fed scanner going I might even attempt to scan it in.