The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

New Hurricane Members say hello here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011 | 04:56 AM

Took me 3 hours to figure out where the vaccum pipe goes. Finally found it. The bike runs fine. Though prob still persist.

Got some confidence that I can do some DIY on the bike. Will start with spark plugs and air filter. If given an opportunity, i would love to open the carbs and look at those restrictor plates...

I am browsing through some of the threads here to get some insight on how to do it.....

Thanks for all your help guys!

Cheers!

Old 02-01-2011 | 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
Hey , sounds like you are getting better mate !!!

Do me a favor ,since this may be a continuing thing for a while with your CBR .. please go create a new thread in the main Hurricane section (link below) call it what ever you like ... ( Maverick1983 problems )??
https://cbrforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38

and I will move all your issue posts out of the saloon ...
Then all your replies will be easier for you to find and track in one tidy place .... thanks ...
I I Captain

Old 02-09-2011 | 11:53 PM

Hey all, I realise this section is for the CBR 1000F, I ride something alittle different, the little brother to the thou's, an 88 CBR 750 Hurricane (RC27 engine), a bit of a rarity or an oddity if you like, hehe. They are sorta fairly closely related so I hopes you don't mind a 750 in the midst of things since there is no area for 750's.

I'm located down under in New Zealand living in Taranaki under the shadow of the mountain. Used to have an 87 CBR thou years and years ago and loved it to bits.

Got back into biking again six years ago and got the 750 in August last year. The 750 is a good fit for what I do and I like the jelly mould styling. I've stripped, cleaned and brought the ole girl back to standard apart from fitting a pack rack, so it’s tidy and reliable. The ole bike has just clicked over 73000Km's and runs like clockwork. Still manages to keep up with the more modern machines. I ride everyday rain hail or shine and regularly load the bike up and tour around.

Pic'ys attached

Awesome site, I have used info from here on several occasions. Cheers, Andy

Attached Thumbnails New Hurricane Members say hello here!-sam_0190.jpg   New Hurricane Members say hello here!-sam_0195.jpg   New Hurricane Members say hello here!-sam_0196.jpg   New Hurricane Members say hello here!-sam_0197.jpg   New Hurricane Members say hello here!-sam_0185.jpg  

Last edited by Ruaphu; 02-09-2011 at 11:59 PM.
Old 02-10-2011 | 03:43 AM
|
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon

Welcome to the mayhem !
Not as rare as you may think - a friend of mine here in SA had one until about a year ago.
Yours is in much better shape though !
Enjoy what we have to offer, and if you need technical stuff, look on the Hurricane main page......it's all there somewhere

Old 02-10-2011 | 06:04 AM

Welcome to the forum!

Great looking bike, to be expected, of course, seeing as it it a Hurricane.

Old 02-10-2011 | 07:31 AM

Hi and Welcome !! i own a 750 Hurricane ( '87 ) myself, and in the process of possibly buying another XD 1 for parts the other for fun =)

Old 02-10-2011 | 09:45 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

Welcome aboard Ruaphu, you're welcome to come play, as Classic said, she's a Hurricane

Old 02-10-2011 | 05:14 PM

Hey thanks for the welcome. Hey CBRclassic, yeah sorry abour the pic sizes I forgot to crop em down abit Bikes I can do but the PC stuff takes a bit of sorting. As for the Saloon, I'll look forward to it, I don't go anywhere without my sense of humour, it keeps life interesting .

Hey Devil1979 haven't we met somewhere before...... Did ya get your bike seat sorted out in the end??

Cheers Andy

Quick Reply: New Hurricane Members say hello here!