The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

New Hurricane Members say hello here!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 07:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bordo
G'day Strek !,
Good to see you got another 1000F mate !!!! I'm still around mate I just dont go on the other forum hardly at all these days. I got back today on the BB and she needs fork seals. I've taken the forks out and have ordered replacement seals and dust covers. seems there is always something to do on these things....lol.
G'day mate.

Bordo, how have you been? Yes I picked up another CBR1000F a couple of years back. Got a steal of a deal on it. Very low mileage. The bike was like brand new condition when I got it. The guy I bought it from had like 10 bikes and never really rode the CBR much. He sure did maintain his bikes though. All 10 were in top condition. Really most had very low mileage. He had one bagged up Honda cruiser that he rode a lot. The rest he would ride a couple of times a year. To top it off he had just mounted brand new rubber, changed oil and all fluids and had installed a new battery on the CBR before he sold it. Also threw in a corbin seat. The only mods are the windscreen and some bar risers. I love the bike mate. I also still have my Blackbird. The wife likes the 1000F better. Finds it more comfortable. Yes always something to do with the bikes mate. Looking to change the oil out this weekend and go for a ride. We are just now finally getting weather that is consistently good enough to ride. Spring has taken a long time in getting here this year.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:57 AM

Cheers Chaps, Thanks for the welcome, Photos will indeed follow, More than likely when the big yellow ball appears in the grey stuff overhead.....

The Black Isle Brewery is calling for some supplies to be picked up in preparation of an annual attempt at a BBQ

Have a good weekend.....

Hammer the ****

Old 05-04-2013, 11:48 AM

I checked in at the "New Members" section of the overall CBR group, didn't realize I should be checking in here as well

Oh well, at the risk of repeating myself, I'm going to just cut/ paste and repeat myself! Hopefully you'll forgive my laziness...

Just found this forum while searching for tips on a 87 CBR1000F Hurricane- seems like a cool group!

I've had a very eclectic batch of bikes over the past... well, lotta' years of riding, most recently several Buells. Always wanted a Hurricane 1000, but when they came out I was young, newly married, broke and couldn't afford the insurance. So when a decent silver one (perfect plastic, 32k mile) that had been sitting for way too long come up for a killer deal in my neighborhood, I walked over with cash and pushed it around the block to my garage. These @$$%s are a lot heavier to push a quarter-mile than I would ever have expected! Only took a couple hours to get it running and make sure it was safe, and I promptly put about 4k trouble-free miles on it over the summer!

This year I decided it's time to give the bike the proper attention it needs to keep it going for a long time, so I'm riding the 82 'Wing (another story unto itself) while I dig into the Hurricane- so here I am!

Off to make use of the search function and head back to the garage...
See ya' around!

-Mike

Old 05-04-2013, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rarebird
..............(perfect plastic, 32k mile)..........
-Mike
I wish I could say the same about mine!

John

Old 05-05-2013, 10:27 AM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear
Well welcome to the CBR Forum Scottish Steve

I think you'll fit right in. Good to see you're giving your steed warm accommodation. And I'm 53 and the novelty STILL hasn't worn off.........

So, post some pics of The Kraken when you can.

Cheers, SB
Which novelty was it you were referring to Seb?

Old 05-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

An empty glass tells a thousand tales Henry

Welcome to the Scotsman & Rarebird , nice to have yez aboard lads

Old 05-06-2013, 05:45 AM
Super Moderator
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by HenryM
Which novelty was it you were referring to Seb?

Oh, the novelty of having a gorgeous, loving partner with ALL the assets

Like intelligence, wit, the ability to put up with me................etc.

Cheers, SB

Old 05-06-2013, 09:45 AM
April 2014 ROTM

Originally Posted by Sprock
Sure is Seb - one sweet clean looking Hurricane right there.

My tip - after Sebs World Famous Stick Coil Mod

shim the needles one extra shim - takes any idle to 4krpm stutter out

& HOLD ON TIGHT
I never thought to do this... However when i cleaned out the carbs this winter i drilled the pilot jets out (or whatever they're called, the middle size between idle and the main jets) by one size in my father-in-law's precision hand drill set. Much zippier off the line however simply cleaning the carbs out may have contributed significantly as well

Old 05-06-2013, 11:47 AM

Hi all.
Bought an '87 "street fighter" last night. (my son did really) Couldn't resist.
Bought as non starting. The proverbial "it ran with parked".
Kid who owned it seemed to know a bit. Turns over but no fire. I"m not new to bikes, average mechanic ability. Confident we can sort it out. Advice what to look for first is welcome. Will remove seat/tank and look for spark and fuel and work from there.
Has some custom work on it, mostly tearing stock stuff off! Which is fine, some sort of generic instrument pod, new chain and sprockets. New paint, most body panels gone, street fighter look I guess they call it. Anyway, hope to get it running easy, don't we all.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Originally Posted by Sprock
An empty glass tells a thousand tales Henry
Now I feel so lost. My glass is quite definitely full. (Red tonight)
You aint reading the old hong kong book o kungfui are you Sprock?
If anything, Sebs answer left my glass half full, or at least in need of a top up.

Whatever, I can't way to die tomorrow after newly revitalised front firms and head race tweak.
Summer's here. Yay!

Love you all......

Quick Reply: New Hurricane Members say hello here!