The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

The New Girl

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 08:38 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I prefer the wheels too. I'd definately prefer the price though

Hey Dylan, when are you putting the tassles on your bars? .
I think I can handle saving like $12,000.
I know it's a tough choice between a used fatboy or a Magna and a new S1000RR, but it's a decision I'm prepared to make. lol..

And yeah, those tassles are pretty queer, eh?
I tell him all the time, but he doesn't listen. You will never see tassles on my bikes.....ever.
Hell, you won't even see them on my property (unless they're temporarily covering the nipples of a stripper)

Old 07-19-2010, 03:24 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
And yeah, those tassles are pretty queer, eh?
Ha...ha..ha..ha.ha......Every time I see some big guy riding with tassels it cracks me up. It reminds me of some little 10 year old girl in pony tails on her tricycle. What was the dude thinking when he was installing them? OOH! The boys are going to be jealous of me. Ha...ha...ha.ha...ha.... As requested I have some pictures of the cruiser. It's a XV1900 Stratoliner S. It came with $2,000 in extras. I took some pictures with the windscreen on and with a turn of the key removed it and also the Corbin saddle and popped the solo saddle on. With 1/2 turn of three pins on each side I can remove the bags also. I got it a week ago and have put just a little over 1,000 miles on her already.

Attached Thumbnails The New Girl-cimg0017.jpg   The New Girl-cimg0018.jpg   The New Girl-cimg0019.jpg   The New Girl-cimg0020.jpg  
Old 07-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Senior Member & can cook minute rice in 58sec
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there'll be big chicken strips on that boss,lol

Old 07-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Holy Termagatroid Tim ............ she's a keeper .......very nice bikes Trout and yoers !

Old 07-19-2010, 11:51 PM

Man, I can't believe I missed this thread. Found it by looking for Trout and Magna cause he mentioned it elsewhere. I had a Black 94 brand new in 93 and then we got a Yellow 95 about 3 or 4 years ago for my kid. They aren't really cruisers at all. They are stealth sport bikes. Only the V-Max and one other monster could beat it in those years (out of the cruisers). It will eat any Harley alive. It runs a quarter mile in the very low 12's as I recall.

And I LOVE Sprock's new toy of course.

And I wanted a Roadliner so bad I could taste it when they came out. I never did get to ride one. What's it feel like?

Here is my kid a couple of years back: [IMG][/IMG]

And here is my closet queen:
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by JHouse; 07-19-2010 at 11:56 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:53 PM

And here's what I never got:[IMG][/IMG]

Old 07-19-2010, 11:59 PM

And if you don't like that angle, try this: [IMG][/IMG]

Old 07-20-2010, 09:12 AM
Administrator - Retired

Yeah, Tim... that's a sweet machine for sure. All the extras are nice, too.
I love the quick detach saddlebags on mine. 2 pins and they slide right off. Only thing is that I like the bags for carrying stuff so I've only taken them off once..... just because I could. Man, they're convenient.
My windshield isn't quick detach (I don't think.. lol), but it's adjustable by like 8" which is hella cool. Actually gives the bike a kinda different look when it's lowered around the headlight.

House, I remember the pics of your magna. I think I mentioned how I had wanted one for a while. When I first saw the 3rd gen back in about '95, I instantly knew I was gonna get one. It just wasn't in the cards back then.
You're right about it being quick. For what it is... it's surprising that it hauls like it does. It even beat the Valkyrie in the 1/4. And I love the look on HD riders faces when shifting at 10k RPMS.
I've been checking out suspensions a little bit, tho. The stock suspension certainly doesn't scream "sportbike" lol..
Good ride, tho.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by blaziken
there'll be big chicken strips on that boss,lol
NOPE! I find myself dragging the floor boards every time I take it out. I got it to slow me down but she is a runner, even with the golf clubs on.

House, They have aluminum frame and swing-arm. The Road Star has 55HP where as the Roadliner/Stratoliner has 110. The Roadliner S and Stratoliner S are chromed-out (S must stand for chrome in Japan). The difference between the Roadliner and Stratoliner is that the Strat comes with windscreen, bags and passenger quick release backrest. My friend picked up a 2006 Strat-S for $7,900 w/$2,000 in extras and 3,100 miles on it. I got my 2007 Strat-S for $8,400 w/$2,000 in extras and 1,100 miles on it. I had to buy mine weather I wanted to or not, I would have kicked my own *** if I didn't. If you try one out....bring your wallet. I am telling you....bring your wallet. Yamaha/Star did a bang up job with these bikes. Man do they go and man do they handle. With golf clubs on 75 MPH is a walk in the park. To get into a HD with this much chrome and HP you are looking at something like $45,000 or more and it still will not handle, not to mention the quick release backrest, windscreen and bags.

Kilgoretrout, I have not ridden a Magna but I hear they handle also. I bet I would be happy on one. The Stratoliner is a monster at 759 lbs. Yeah! I leave the bags on also. I have my STUFF in them. I must have my STUFF!

Attached Thumbnails The New Girl-cimg0021.jpg   The New Girl-cimg0022.jpg   The New Girl-cimg0023.jpg   The New Girl-cimg0024.jpg  

Last edited by TimBucTwo; 07-20-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:51 PM
Administrator - Retired

That's awesome, Tim.
Ya know, I was talking to a guy at a bike night who said the same thing about the Stars. He was an older guy who had just bought a new Star and he loved it. (He had owned several HDs in the past).
A couple of his Harley buddies were giving him chit about it and he flat out told them off. It was pretty funny, really. He explained that HD wasn't interested in giving him a decent warranty..... and that Harley wanted twice as much money for the options and accessories..... and that the Star rode better anyway. Basically said that everything about the star was better than any HD he'd ever owned... lol.
Plus, I guess Yamaha gives you a free 5yrs of roadside assistance anywhere in the US with the warranty? That's what he said. He was a happy customer with the Star. It was one of the Royal Stars. The venture, I believe. It had a CB, intercom, and stereo. The seat looked like a lazy boy and the bags were huge!!

But yeah... on the Magna... I'm sure you'd like it. Real peppy. It's the 539lb wet weight that makes the difference.

Quick Reply: The New Girl