Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Never read that before , brings a lump to the throat

Old 03-20-2018, 09:21 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default story of the puppy

Yesterday at the hotel I’m staying at, as I was passing through the front desk area. The guy that should have been behind the desk came in the front door holding a puppy. He went in the back room and came out with the puppy in a cardboard box and headed back out the front door. As he was walking out, one of the housekeeping ladies asked him what he was going to do with the puppy. He replied with a huge grin, “I’m going to keep him.”

Today my coworker told me the story of the puppy.

Yesterday as he was walking toward his rental car, that’s an SUV (Hyundai Santa Fe), he heard a puppy yipping. One of the grounds keepers asked him if it was his dog barking in the car. My coworker replied,” No I don’t have a dog.”

As my coworker hit the remote to unlock the door, the yipping stopped. As he got in the vehicle he put the key in the ignition but stopped. He was thinking how strange the yipping was as he approached the SUV. It sounded like it was coming from different directions as he passed the front of the SUV to the driver side. He asked the groundskeeper if he saw a dog run from the vehicle direction when he unlocked it. The answer was “No”. He looked under the SUV and saw nothing. He figured something was real strange and decided to pop the hood just to take a look and be on the safe side. When the hood came up there was a very strong smell of dog crap. There were in fact 3 piles of dog crap on the big plastic engine cover. There are only a few inches between the cover and hood when it’s down, how strange. With the help from the groundskeeper he cleaned up the poo. He then began look down around the firewall and all around the engine. On the right side of the engine compartment, there was a puppy packed in tight with head against the firewall and tranny with butt wedged tight against the serpentine belt. With the poo gone, the coworker climbed up on the engine. With his right hand un-wedging the head and left hand holding the puppies butt, he wiggled the puppy and worked him out.

Today the guy at the front desk informed my coworker that he took the puppy to the Vet and it got a clean bill of health. He said his small children and the dog were having a great time running all around the house, rolling in the lawn and chasing each other, having the time of their lives.

SB, there are two young kids in Dothan, Alabama that think their dog is way cuter than yours.

3/24/18 Update:The other day back at the hotel I had my coworker pop the hood and show me where the dog was. Its snout was wedged tight against the head pipe and fire wall, its butt was stuck in between the belt/pulley system and it was standing on the CAT. Had my coworker turned that key he would have heard the worst squealing and it would not have been the belt..well maybe the belt cutting into dog flesh.

Last edited by TimBucTwo; 03-24-2018 at 04:08 PM. Reason: changed vehicle and update