Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

First ride of the season, Post yours!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 11:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First ride of the season, Post yours!

Thought I'd start a thread where we can put our first rides of the season... of course for some of us lucky ***** its been nice for a while lol. So go ahead and talk about that favorite stretch of road....

I've just pulled the bike into the garage from the ride, ahhh.. Officially I welcomed spring.

The sun had set about 30 minutes ago as I pulled onto the two lane road less traveled. I headed west, towards the sunset, the slightest hew of sunset still visible above the tree line. It was cool but comfortable... Up ahead lay the twist and turns, reminding me of the back of a snake slowly making its way.

I glanced down at my speedo ... 48mph just as I entered turn one... half way threw i gave her a little more throttle, pushing me along as if i were on rails... straighten up... the straight away...
From here just before curve two I can the next three curves.. no cars..

My favorite song began playing on the mp3 player... curve two..
I leaned into it.. rolled slightly back on the throttle as i began to come out of it.. i could feel her begin to stretch her legs... the rumble of the exhaust...glancing down 72mph...

I leaned back to the left, curve three... right curve four... the straight away...

I wont spoil it too much as Im sure someone out there has basically the same road somewhere... I'll let you fill in the blanks as you recall the feeling..

Ahhhh.. so good..

WINTERS OVER !!!!! lmao...

Old 05-04-2006, 06:38 PM
Default RE: First ride of the season, Post yours!

Well ive been fortunate enuff to have been on vacation all week so seeing as for a change the weather man dropped the ball all week its been splenda riding conditions all week andhave had my first real taste of riding again instead of just recalling it from memory.Although the 03 is alot different from the89 i was on last season same rules apply.Im all about the ride so ive just been cruising the past few days and i must say i do enjoy the RR alot more now that ive had a good few hrs on it.It handles extremely well and is even more agile than i had first imagined.In my mind its worth the time and effort ive put in to acquire such an eloquant machine.
More of the same next week so i guess it will be time to ride ride ride..

Old 05-04-2006, 07:17 PM

when is riding season? i have no idea since it rarely drops into freezing down here, haha, i had to be a dick, sorry guys. ^_^ one drawback is the humidity will overwhelm you and make whatever temperature it is outside feel 20 times worse, cold and sticky and hot and sticky, thats our seasons, lol. oh, and the floods and floods of mosquitos, those are fun! when your not moving, there will be at least 15 of the bastards biting you at any given moment, and if you are riding, your helmet, shirt, pants, bike, etc, will be plastered with mosquitos and lovebugs and junk. i HAVE to wash the bike and helmet every night, uuugh! so i pay the price for the warmth, if only i lived in miami, or the like... ^_^

Old 05-04-2006, 11:38 PM

LMAO .. well that makes me feel much better

Yea wont be long before those bastards are out around here too.. prolly out now. hey i just thought of something.. I wonder if rainX on the visor will do anything for them bugs.. never tried it, never thought about it... hmmmm

Old 05-05-2006, 12:14 AM

Well actually I've been riding for a bout 3 week's or so just short ride's 10 to 20 mile's at a time around my hood,WINTER is finally done!!!!![:@], but last monday I rode off the mountain down to the flat's called Orange County[:'(] to see my son 18 and my daughter 17 for her birthday, been awhile since I been on the so cali freeway's what a ride!! 52mile's of mtn rode then another 50 mile's of freeway, cager's all pact in doin 80 to 85 mph !!!!! and that was just keepin up !!! once down on the toll road's it thined out pretty good, I could cruz at about 70 mph and not worry about the crazey's, all and all a nice ride stopped on my way home and snapped a pic of MT San Gorgornio along hwy 330, stiil some snow up there

[IMG]local://upfiles/4076/E72AEF2975124889AA659655B214A92D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-05-2006, 10:18 AM

Thats a pretty sweet picture.

I cant see how you guys can drive in that freeway traffic, 80-85 with all that... I get into some heavy traffic around here but I am sure its nothing like Cali

Old 05-05-2006, 01:19 PM

hhhhhhhhhhmm Its not luck that I picked FL to move to...I ride all year

Old 05-05-2006, 02:02 PM

I never stopped riding here in Oregon, even though it hit twentys for a stretch.

Old 05-05-2006, 04:22 PM

hmmm I have a chance to goto AZ.. dunno though, hear its really bad come july.