The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Horse Sh!t

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 09:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

holy **** Classic what kind of engines those roadtrains must have to be able to tow this load at that speed:S

Old 05-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I doubt those trucks have your standard peterbilt. Beefier brakes, probably, too... but who knows.

Funny vid, shadow. I've seen it and it's still funny.

My grandparents have Amish living all around the farm upstate. Interesting crew, they are. You can't speak directly to many of the womenfolk, you have to speak to them through their husbands! (That was strange for me the first time...I'm thinking she's just a big bltch)
They also party like crazy, despite what everyone thinks. I saw a 12-13yr old with a bottle of JD one time hidden in his trenchcoat. He flashed it to me and said "me and my brothers are gonna drink this whole bottle tonight!".
There is also a guy who drives himself to the bar in a buggy almost every night to get shltfaced. He drinks till he's blitzed and then passes out in the buggy and the horse takes him home. Couple of times, we've seen his buggy in the front yard in the morning with him still in it!!
My cousins who live nearby had a huge graduation party once, with a hardcore industrial rock band. The Amish wouldn't come, but they pulled lawnchairs up to the property line.
They also stand in line at my grandfather's house to use his house phone, because they can't have them in their own houses. No shlt...they use it like a free payphone!
None of this is BS, either...these people are definately "different"

Old 05-06-2009, 12:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cattle can even **** at you when they're in a truck! They are probably scared 'cos they know where they're going. Ever follow a fully laden cattle truck? You can smell them for a couple of km behind and when they go uphill a nice slurry of **** and p!ss pours out the back! Unless you know there's a downhill stretch coming up forget overtaking of you'll be showered un the stuff.

Personally I try to eat as many of them as possible to try and keep their numbers down a bit!!

Old 05-06-2009, 04:42 AM

Around my area when don't have many horses, cows or any other type of livestock but we have lovely tractors which, after plowing the fields decide to leave bloody great lines of cr4p all over the road.

A friend of mine came of thanks to one of these some time ago and tried to sue the farmer. The answer was that it wasn't the farmers respomsibility to clear the road of any cr4p he left on it.

I even get it just round the corner from my house mwhich is on a blind bend. Very annoying and bloody dangerous.

My heart goes out to anyone who live in Africa near the elephants...or do they use that mess as roundabouts??

Old 05-06-2009, 10:48 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
I'm no truck lover and could not tell you exactly what powers all of them ..
Twin turbo Cummins 800HP rings a bell though...

They are weird to watch get going ..
I have been behind them when they are getting wound up from a stop on the long open roads up north and they seem to crawl for ages, like those huge freight trains... slow slowly building up speed , but they don't seem ever to stop winding up ...they just keep going and going ...
That's why they DO NOT STOP FOR NOTHING ....

Normal Cruising speeds are around the 80mph actually...
Even normal trucks over here have about 16 gears , those things probably have 64!! and no they don't want to stop and go through all those gears again , easier to go through the herd of cows