The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Horse Sh!t

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horse ****

While out on a great ride the Sunday before last I almost ran through a rather large horse made road obsticle. It was right on the entrance to rather sharp right hand corner. Had I not missed it, I probably would have been dodging trees, fenses and maybe cows. Here in this part of the states, we have people called Amish. They don't believe in using electricity, gas engines, etc. and use horse and buggy for transportation on fantastic cycling roads.
Do any of you other folks around the world have to deal with this??

Old 05-04-2009, 11:23 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We don't have the Amish, but we have cows, horses, foxes, sheep, goats, trailers, donkeys and stupid locals who wander into the road for no apparent reason. I have had to dodge all of the above on my rides out into the country.
Piles of cow or horse manure are no fun, that stuff is slippery as **** and if you hit some it goes all over the bike and stinks like hell................yuk.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:02 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah , your not alone 931000F We get horse **** , some pretty grizzly road-kill and like you , always just before a bend!

My theory is the horse was probably going so fast , he wasn't sure he could slow down enough for the bend and **** himself
Next time look for hoofy skid marks

In fact I've probably left a couple of squishy obstacles on the road myself

Old 05-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He he...93.. I feel your pain. As if rabbits, groundhogs (woodchucks as I think you all call them up there) and deer weren't bad enough...
I live in PA, and the Amish aren't too bad where I am, but they are certainly around. Worse up in central and northern PA...geezus...they're everywhere. Horse shlt is bad news. What's even worse is when you come around a quick corner to find the whole dam buggy in front of you going 5mph.... complete with an orange triangle of death.

Steve, my god....That's horrible. I can imagine all the people saying "look at all the cute sheep!"..... BLAH!
You should get a big truck and mow them all down first. Then come back with the bike for a good, safe ride.

BTW, when Nevadaman sees those cows, he's probably gonna have a horrible flashback and a goshdam heart attack!!

Old 05-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ha ha... That's what I'm talking about.... "The Road Train"...he he... You should ride a couple hundred yards behind that guy!

Old 05-05-2009, 12:09 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Quick Reply: Horse Sh!t