The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Hi Viz Gear & apparently other stuff too :-)

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked at getting a hi-vis Jacket some time back but opted not to for a couple of reasons. A workmate has a set for riding his B-EM-Bubble-U and has nothing but issues trying to keep them clean. They show any mark, hard to clean and look very second hand (read 'look like chit') after a few months. Apart from that you look like a flamin 'Road cone' with legs.

I went for the usual style touring jacket in the end. But I also bought myself a stretchy Oxford brand hi-vis slip on that fits over your standard jacket. I only really use it on really chitty rainy days as that bit of extra insurance. The rest of the time it stays in the bag and rely on my lit headlight, glowing indicators and treat every ****** on the road as if the're tryin to run me down.

Cheers all

Old 09-17-2011, 09:53 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That was pretty funny alright .....road cone with legs ....lol

B -Em Bubble U....... another lol

People I know who have Hi Viz stuff usually have to spay 'em with scotchguard and stuff like that

Tron : ........never thought of that ...however Indy has that very effect on his bike ya know

Old 09-17-2011, 10:05 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
Ok , that was friggin funny mate !!!

still getting a picture of that in my head here ! ...lol

BTW - your sigi is real good Ruaphu!!
Cheers Steve, yeah it was gonna be a sorta parody of my biker life and was to be "Speed takes your breath away, oh, and my licence too" but was told I was being too cynical by a couple of biker mates. They duely informed me "what friggin normal biker stops anyway!"...............well, erm.........as it turns out.............only this sucker. lol Cheers

Old 09-17-2011, 10:35 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ever since seeing Steve's "tron" post.... all I can think of is how I'm definitely gonna make a glow stick halloween costume and ride around town at night wearing it. LOL..

Old 09-18-2011, 06:43 AM
Administrator - Retired

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
...geezus , lolol ... chit ? not sober I bloody hope ??? lol
....but who the **** is going to bail you out Dylan ?????

I know !!! ....just tell yu misses which police station to pick you up from before yu go out mate !!!!

problem solved !!! lol

I don't know, Steve. Last time she bailed me out she said it was THE LAST TIME!! lol...

I think she's bluffing, tho.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Hey hey,
I've missed this thread damn it! What's all this talk about Volvo drivers running you over just because you're not wearing something out of Lady Gaga's wardrobe? Tsk!
I'll have you know that a couple of weeks ago I saw myself driving the opposite direction in the car as I was approaching home on the bike slowing down from the CBRF light speed limit and I saw myself seeing me. I was wearing my matt black all-in-one kevlar, ventilated all weather riding suit at the time which proves beyond any reasonable doubt that taking away light rather than reflecting it is just as attention grabbing.
Have you ever seen a hi-viz vest that actually stays on at speed? Do you really pay attention to them when you're in your car?
I've seen some really nice Hi-Viz gear on the roads recently. Not sure I'd buy it though. If Gaga wears it..... well perhaps.
Just repaired the off side cannon today and fitted some new horns.
Defensive riding is correct. Always!
Counter measures with medium sized shells is fun, as long as you can make a good get away though the wreckage. Toot toot!

Old 10-02-2011, 06:02 PM

I think hi vis gear is a good idea, but I also hate the look. A hi vis helmet might be alright though . . . I love flipups, but hate my noisy, foggy piece of crap HJC. Next spring I might just treat myself to an EXO-900 in neon yellow-green. The Scorpion helmet is miles ahead of the HJC quality wise, and the colour is so hideous it's cool.

Quick Reply: Hi Viz Gear & apparently other stuff too :-)