The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Back to work....sh!t!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Back to work....****!!

G'day guys.

Well, today's my first day back at work after four weeks off. Woke up this morning, took a deep breath and came in. Home 'puter is not worth even trying to log on with (way slow) so, since I'm on lunch , I thought I'd see what's going on. Did I miss anything exciting??

I hope you guys had a good Christmas and, all be it a bit late, happy new year!

My cheeky bloody kids have been giving me **** for days about coming back to work because they've still got all this week before school starts for the year. When I left they were both kicking back on a couch each in the tv room and both made some smart **** remark like "where are you going Dad?....oh yeah that's right..work" followed by much laughter.

Had a great holiday though! Went to the beach a couple of times, camping with the young bloke in a 4WD only national park by a river, did a **** load of stuff at home and gave the Cooper's a good nudge too!

Ah well..back to the grindstone..aren't bills (like paying for your house etc.) a real ba5tard?

Old 01-17-2010, 09:33 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, great to hear from ya Dave!!
I was starting to worry!

Yep, work pretty much sucks. lol... But I'm glad to hear that you got some good quality time with the fam. Sounds like you have a wonderful family, bud.

Did you notice we have a 100% 1000F Ride of the Month this month?
Some of us have been talking on skype (you should set up an acct!), and me and Steve basically cooked up a dirty plan to slam 5 1000Fs in the running. (in 5hrs!....lol).
(BTW, You should definitely vote for me.... )

Anyway,,,,,, Welcome back, Dave!

Old 01-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Dylan, I'll try the Skype thing when we get the new 'puter and broadband at home (I've got a couple of questions for another thread about this). Work are cool with some personal use but that might be pushing things a bit .

BTW, where's the ROTM voting thread for this month? I saw the nomination/ pimp thread, but can't see the nominations..must be having a blind out due to all the Cooper's I've necked lately.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They were really late getting the voting thread up. Taking off a long time is great fun if you can get away with it. Getting back to work is the pain. I have to ease into it.