The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

*#$@ Women

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *#$@ Women

Haven't been around for a bit. Been a bit busy. The missus (ex missus) has been doing her genealogy for the last two years. Gradually she became more & more consumed by it. At times she would sit by the computer for 16 hours or more. Other times she would consume books, large books at an astonishing rate. Sometimes 3 or 4 a week. She hasn't done any shopping now for 4-5 weeks. Barely cooked a meal. The house hasn't been cleaned by her for years. I work shift work & carried these chores as best as I could as well as school runs & lunches etc etc. You get the picture. Strange thing is though I knew from the day I met her she had problems but we dealt with those & moved on & I grew to love her (still do). We've been together about 14 years & seen a lot of life in that time.
Now she decides a week & a bit before Christmas to get up & leave. supposedly told to leave me by her family. No income. No where to stay & wants our 10 year old daughter too. Luckily our daughter is having a sleep over at a friends house for a couple days but that can't last. This will destroy her. She's a very special kind of kid. One in a million as said by all who meet her. Very kind & gentle & with a huge heart.
Wish us luck for christmas guys & gals. We're going to need it.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Blue - that sucks man - I feel for you and the nipper.

Hope you make the most of x-mas for both your sakes.

Go for a good blast & cheer yourself up - worked for me during my separation.

Chin up !

Old 12-14-2009, 04:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's really terrible to hear mate. Try your best to keep it together for your daughter's sake, she'll need you to be strong.

My heart goes out to you and your daughter. I've not been through this myself so can't offer any real help, but will be thinking of you. Stay in touch!

Old 12-14-2009, 04:14 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluebeard
Haven't been around for a bit. Been a bit busy. The missus (ex missus) has been doing her genealogy for the last two years. Gradually she became more & more consumed by it. At times she would sit by the computer for 16 hours or more. Other times she would consume books, large books at an astonishing rate. Sometimes 3 or 4 a week. She hasn't done any shopping now for 4-5 weeks. Barely cooked a meal. The house hasn't been cleaned by her for years. I work shift work & carried these chores as best as I could as well as school runs & lunches etc etc. You get the picture. Strange thing is though I knew from the day I met her she had problems but we dealt with those & moved on & I grew to love her (still do). We've been together about 14 years & seen a lot of life in that time.
Now she decides a week & a bit before Christmas to get up & leave. supposedly told to leave me by her family. No income. No where to stay & wants our 10 year old daughter too. Luckily our daughter is having a sleep over at a friends house for a couple days but that can't last. This will destroy her. She's a very special kind of kid. One in a million as said by all who meet her. Very kind & gentle & with a huge heart.
Wish us luck for christmas guys & gals. We're going to need it.

I am about 3 months ahead of you. Good luck, I am not looking for Christmas to arrive. keep your chin up and remember your daughters best interest is first.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This Christmas Blue I really hope luck pays you and your little daughter a visit and
you come through this in as good a shape as possible man. Really man your best
bet is roll with it and try and make the best of it for the girls sake.

We're rooting for ya man.

Sprock.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:33 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh, man, Blue.... I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm not sure what to say except that your little girl is gonna need you to be strong for her. Try and make this as easy as you can on her, despite how upset you're gonna be. But you probably already know that.

Things have a way of working out for the better sometimes, man. Impossible to see it that way, though, especially when you're in the middle of it.

I wish the best for you, bud.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ah, not good news Blue Mate !
Thinking of you, and remember - all your mates are still here
Need a chat - always someone on line who has been where you are. I have, so's Indy, Steve, and many others here.
Keep the faith, all will be well.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:33 AM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

You're in my thoughts & prayers mate.
Obviously you'll keep searching for and focusing on the positive for you and your daughter's sake.
Despite your continued love for your wife, you responsibility is to yourself & your daughter.

I'll be in Adel in Jan - time I bought you a meal! I'll give you a call.

Quick Reply: *#$@ Women