How To: Paint and Body How'd you get that unique look? Show your skills with pics and write-ups of how you did it ...

How to clean parts

Old 05-18-2018, 12:38 PM
Default How to clean parts

What is the best way to clean wheel and brake parts? My wheels are being powder coated so I have brake discs sprockets and wheel hub all taken off and dirty as hell.

Old 05-18-2018, 02:35 PM

“Gunk”. Orange and black aerosol can for serious. “ Muck Off “ for other.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:49 AM

Bring water to almost a boil, pour it in a Home Depot or Lowe’s bucket and mix with “Simple green”. Let it sit for a little while. Works pretty good.

Old 06-11-2018, 12:17 AM

Any stuff like they mentioned works great and is relatively safe. I was using purple power most recently, it was pretty tough, but I had to wear rubber gloves when using it full strength or it burned fast! lol

I also like using regular old dawn dish soap. It cuts through grease and as far as I know, is safe for literally EVERYTHING lol. Dawn dish soap and a plastic bristle brush!