How-To: Mechanical This section is ONLY for sharing step-by-step instructions on how you did a project. Please post tech related questions in "General Tech". Adherence to this policy will be strictly enforced by the staff ...

REPLACED ENGINE due to cracked gear case, and now the bike won't start :[ HEEEELLLLLPPP PLEEEASEEE!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REPLACED ENGINE due to cracked gear case, and now the bike won't start :[ HEEEELLLLLPPP PLEEEASEEE!!

So a friend of mine cracked the the right side crank case and it cracked the rest of my freakin block. Had to buy a new/used engine, exact same engine 07 600rr. We put everything together with the new engine and it just wont turn over!!! It started once for a few seconds and since that there is no hope. The "FI" fuel injection light turned on and we checked them and they were a little clogged. I dont know what else to check but can ANYONE please help me with any advice they would have, or if anybody with motor swapping experience. PLEEEASSEE?!? This had been a 6 month project fix and I am SOOO close yet soo farr!!! any help would be well appreciated. TIA CBRworld!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/20358/65740C306BDF409B8EA08F97DE9BB4C8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/20358/4660B8B3E2B745BEA0F8906817470F42.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-26-2008, 11:35 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: REPLACED ENGINE due to cracked gear case, and now the bike won't start :[ HEEEELLLLLPPP PLEEEASE

You might wanna try another forum for this, as this forum is mainly for posting instructions on how to do something, not for requesting information on how to do something. I think this would be a better question for the "General Tech" forum.

Old 02-27-2008, 01:22 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: REPLACED ENGINE due to cracked gear case, and now the bike won't start :[ HEEEELLLLLPPP PLEEEASE

Do you have a service manual from Honda for the bike? If not, you need to get one ASAP.

How does the light flash???? The FI light flashes in a certain sequence...........the sequence of flashes actually is coding you an error message. The bike is actually TELLING you what is wrong with it, and you need the service manual to find out what error code it is.

My FI light was flashing today and the bike started to hesitate and bog down. It flashed in this sequence............."flash.....flash............. ...........flash........flash...........etc." Which depicts and error code 2, which the service manual said is a problem with the MAP sensor. So after taking apart the entire flipping bike and digging down to the bottom of the airbox, wouldn't you know it! Vacuum line came off the MAP sensor. Reconnected it, problem solved.

So my first suggestion, get the HONDA service manual for the bike (if you don't already have it.)

Second suggestion, find out what error codes the bike is telling you, then go from there. It's probably a very simple problem that is being overlooked.