How-To: Mechanical This section is ONLY for sharing step-by-step instructions on how you did a project. Please post tech related questions in "General Tech". Adherence to this policy will be strictly enforced by the staff ...

**NEW** HID INSTALLATION WRITE-UP (for newer style kits) 09-05-07

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 05:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: **NEW** HID INSTALLATION WRITE-UP (for newer style kits) 09-05-07

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

ORIGINAL: ryman546

well u know the quality of urs. So the same ebay store had these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H7-80...3958QQtcZphoto

Same thing right? Would the xenon expert still be better? for 15 dollars more?
WOW. They JUST had to add those, because I was clicking around their store a couple days ago, and they didn't have those.

So I would DEFINITELY give them a shot. I've ordered 4 kits from them, and every one of them has performed perfectly and still going strong. I would have loved to pick up a set of these new slim ones (would make installing them MUCH easier on an 07 especially.)
Blue Fox,

So just to make sure, when you replied to my previous message about these you mentioned that you would still have to mount a seperate ignitor with the DDM. These kits are not the ones you were refering to though correct? With these new super slim ballast, the ballast should have an internal ignitor correct (I'll double check with the retailer too)

It looks like I'll be doing my 06 600 rr, a buddies GSXR 1K, GSXR600 and even anothers 98 900rr. Looks to be a busy winter, and the forcast Is day to day with snow in the forcast.... brutal

Thnx again man

Old 09-19-2007, 12:33 PM

i did very little research b4 goin out n purchasing an HID xenon motorcycle kit n the sight i went to said for an 04 cbr 600 rr i need the H1 kit...it came w one bulb/ballast n i didnt n still dont kno where to start my installation...b4 i get too far i wanna make sure this kit will work for my bike...can anyone confirm?

Old 09-20-2007, 01:54 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: JPCBR

i did very little research b4 goin out n purchasing an HID xenon motorcycle kit n the sight i went to said for an 04 cbr 600 rr i need the H1 kit...it came w one bulb/ballast n i didnt n still dont kno where to start my installation...b4 i get too far i wanna make sure this kit will work for my bike...can anyone confirm?
What bike do you have? If it's an 600RR, 1000RR, F4i, etc, They use H7 bulbs, NOT H1.

IN RESPONSE TO Icyalkn:

Yes, those DDM kits have separate igniters too. That's what helps keep the size of the ballasts so small. But that doesn't matter because the igniters are very small little boxes that you could mount anywhere. So don't worry about having separate igniters or not. Just make a decision on whether you want to buy the cheaper kit with the larger ballasts (like mine) or pay a little more for the smaller, micro-ballast kits (like the DDM).

Old 09-20-2007, 02:24 PM

Hmm ordered from the xenonxpert store. but cant seem to get a response from them. anyone else ordered from them?

And the reason i was asking about theaiming of the lights was so that both lights are creating equal or near the same output so that one doesnt seem alot brighter when i ride with both on. HIDs are already bright enough since i live in tampaand every street here is lit pretty much.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:13 PM

damnit, ok so now i have a kit that's not right for my bike...any ideas on how to sell that n buy the right one?

Old 09-21-2007, 05:06 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: ryman546

Hmm ordered from the xenonxpert store. but cant seem to get a response from them. anyone else ordered from them?

And the reason i was asking about the aiming of the lights was so that both lights are creating equal or near the same output so that one doesnt seem alot brighter when i ride with both on. HIDs are already bright enough since i live in tampa and every street here is lit pretty much.
You can aim the high beam down to match the same level as the low beam, but it'll still "appear" brighter because the headlight reflector for the high beam is engineered a little differently than the low beam, causing the beam to reach further than the low beam (reason it looks brighter from a distance.) You can lower it a bit below the low beam level, which stopped people flashing me all the time, but then you loose your high beam.

Since HID's are brighter than stock, I just adjusted my low beam up just a little, and kept my high beam the same. Therefore, I have my high beam as a high beam, and can see much better with my low beam.

As far as the people that don't like the whole "one eye out" look with having separate high/low beams......that's how they're designed......nothing we can do about that. Unless someone designs a different lens, the high beam will always be a high beam. It used to bug me when I first got the bike, but I just learned to live with it.......and now I'm starting to like it.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:08 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: JPCBR

damnit, ok so now i have a kit that's not right for my bike...any ideas on how to sell that n buy the right one?
I would see if you can return/exchange it from the place you originally bought it from with an H7 kit. If not, order an H7 kit from wherever you choose, and then try to Craigslist the H1 kit off, or possibly eBay. Someone is going to want it......you might have to take a hit on it though.

Old 09-21-2007, 04:11 PM

yea i figured...that's what happens when ya dont do ur research i guess...thanks for the help

Old 09-22-2007, 03:16 AM

everytime i see that theres a new post in this thread it makes me want to do it even more. and plus its only $100 bucks......

________
Lamborghini tech

Last edited by axsys; 05-04-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: axsys

everytime i see that theres a new post in this thread it makes me want to do it even more. and plus its only $100 bucks......
It's so worth it man. All my vehicles have HID's (even my currently jacked-up Plymouth Duster........which is being restored.) They make a huge difference in visibility, and they look amazing.

Quick Reply: **NEW** HID INSTALLATION WRITE-UP (for newer style kits) 09-05-07