How-To: Mechanical This section is ONLY for sharing step-by-step instructions on how you did a project. Please post tech related questions in "General Tech". Adherence to this policy will be strictly enforced by the staff ...

Installing PCIII on 07 600RR

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Retired Administrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Installing PCIII on 07 600RR

It takes an hour to get the plastic and other parts out of the way and to put them back on. To plug in the PC III, that takes 5 minutes. If you don't run into problems getting to the TPS plug.

Love the exhaust. I was really looking at it when I bought my 2 bros, but I couldn't get any dyno specs on it to say yes or no on performance. Love the looks of it, how's the sound?

Old 03-17-2008, 11:27 PM

The Only Dyno sheet I've come across was the ones produced BY laser... so I know what you mean. As far as the sound... it sounds like no other exhaust I've heard so far. I've got the "street" baffles ("road legal" in Europe) that are supposed to be about 1-2db's louder than the stock exhaust. The sound really isn't much louder (at least from the riders perspective), but it's noticibly deeper. (I've heard from people that I ride with that it is noticibly louder than the stock pipe, but not what they would call a "loud" exhaust) The best thing I can give an example of would be it's almost like a v8 engine sound with a quiet/stock-sporty exhaust. It's got a good lopping rumble at idle and smooth deep sound all the way up through the rev range.

Sometime here soon I'll pull the street baffles out and put in the "race" baffles (about a 30 minute job, not too hard) and see how much louder or how much it changes the sound. I really do like it. The lower tone is even deeper, I would say, than two-brothers or Yoshimura exhausts. I've got a sound clip (though they never do justice) of the stock, I'll take another of the Laser with street, and someday another with the race baffles. I'll send them to whomever wants to hear them (I don't know if youtube would compress and lose the quality or not). Just let me know.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:31 PM

Oh... and I want to say, this exhaust is NOT for those who're looking for sound and looks on a budget. This thing ran me just under the cost of a full Yoshimura system, and it's just a slip-on. Thanks to the drop in the dollar and the raise in the Euro, these hand-made Euro import exhausts are retardedly expensive. The guy that I ordered mine from said there'd been 2 price increases this year already, one in January and another in February. That being said, I wouldn't trade it for any other one I've seen so far. The look is distinctive, it's rare to see anybody else with one, and the sound is both unlike any other, and you can change it's sound from street, to race, to a mix of both (1 or 2 race with 1 or 2 street baffles).