How-To: Mechanical This section is ONLY for sharing step-by-step instructions on how you did a project. Please post tech related questions in "General Tech". Adherence to this policy will be strictly enforced by the staff ...

Installing Pazzo Levers on an 07 CBR 600RR

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Pazzo Levers on an 07 CBR 600RR

So, this isn't exactly the hardest thing in the world, and if you know what to look for, the whole install might take you 20 minutes, but I took pictures, dang-it, and I'm gonna post a how-to!

First off, I purchased my levers from Riverway Racing. Jason (screen name on this forum is Jump1979man) was friendly and always quick to respond, even when I would send questions late in the evening. The whole process went smooth and easy, total turn around (and I had my levers custom engraved, which takes longer) was just about 2 weeks. If you need parts, I suggest hitting him up. He was a cool guy and, again, the whole process was relatively clean from start to finish. In the world of internet part-shops, you know this isn't always the case. I highly rec. this guy!

First, you open your box... here's what I got...

Next, We go to the lever, I started with the clutch side (and it rained last time I had the bike out, sorry for the dirty bike)...

Next, we locate and loosen out clutch lever pinch bolt. This step is NOT required, but it makes getting to the locking nut under the lever easier to get too. You'll notice I took a wax crayon and marked the original location of the lever so I could put it back the way it was when I was done.

Once we've turned the lever up to where we have better access to the bottom side, loosen the locking nut I'm pointing too here.

Unscrew the shiney silver stud that this nut is tightened down on and remove it.

Next, use a pair of pliers (or your fingers) and remove the clutch wire from the clutch lever. Keep the plastic "bushing" that is wrapped around the end in tact. After that, the lever should easily come off.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:43 AM
Registered Users
Default RE: Installing Pazzo Levers on an 07 CBR 600RR

lol....i love the how-to...but it's just so damn easy to do...i didn't even have to loosen the pinch bolt to do mine...the hardest thing was getting enough slack to get the clutch cable into the pazzo..that took me 5 minutes or so...

can't wait to see a finished shot...btw...don't you love 'em...they are such sweet levers...

Old 02-27-2008, 10:43 AM

Here's a picture of the levers side by side for comparison.

From there, grab some greese and lube up all your contact points. (Anything that touches another surface and might move). This includes inside the copper bushing, the pin/screw that goes through, and on the clutch line's end that fits into the lever. After that, reverse your removal procedure. (Mind the switch, it's little "arm" isn't super strong. You'll have to press it in during fitment) Stand back and look at your handywork!

After that, really, it's the same sort of issue with the other side. Just rinse and repeat. Not much else worth writing about (and I didn't take pictures. [:@]). I like the look, and I'm glad I went with blue and silver. Matches the bike pretty well I think! Enjoy! (and look, magically clean!)

Old 02-27-2008, 10:58 AM

Proverbs 22:1 eh,[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 02-27-2008, 11:14 AM

Glad you like them and the whole experience from Riverway Racing!

That color combo looks great with your bike and the engraving is killer too.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:16 AM

ORIGINAL: Jump1979man

Glad you like them and the whole experience from Riverway Racing!

That color combo looks great with your bike and the engraving is killer too.
Yup, Jason you did a killer job man. Thanks for the great service and quick responses!

Old 02-27-2008, 11:25 AM
Registered Users

huh i didn't know you could engrage them...wish i would have, i would have had something engraved...hmmmm....

Old 02-27-2008, 11:27 AM

ORIGINAL: ffingers

huh i didn't know you could engrage them...wish i would have, i would have had something engraved...hmmmm....
Yeah, I stumbled accross that on the internet a while back. Heck, Jason at Riverway Racing didn't even know that was an option till I asked and pointed that out to him. You can get anything you want engraved in the clutch lever, up to a maximum of 11 characters, in any "standard" font... whatever that means. I chose Old English.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:07 PM

Just a heads up to everyone.....

Pazzo Racing is increasing prices on April 15th by $20.00

This is due to the falling dollar.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:04 PM

Ever notice that when the dollar falls, everyone raises prices... when the dollar gets stronger... the prices stay the same?[:'(]

Quick Reply: Installing Pazzo Levers on an 07 CBR 600RR