How-To: Mechanical This section is ONLY for sharing step-by-step instructions on how you did a project. Please post tech related questions in "General Tech". Adherence to this policy will be strictly enforced by the staff ...

Howto: IMS mod

Old 06-29-2013, 07:42 AM
Registered Users
Default Howto: IMS mod

I just did not find a way to turn the idle mixture screws of the middle carburators when the carbs were on their place. So, no adjusting when the bike was running. I fixed this with drilling a 2mm hole in the middle of the screw, put a bicycle brake cable in it with flux and heated and soldered them together. Also I but a couple of abicos in the cable before soldering it, to help fasten the cable with carb bowl screws. Then just put all together... No need to write more, I'll attach 2 pics, they should show this clearly
Now it is easy to adjust the inner carbs also when the bike is running. Not a perfect solution, but a cheap one.

Attached Thumbnails Howto: IMS mod-imsmod1.jpg   Howto: IMS mod-imsmod2.jpg