How-To: Mechanical This section is ONLY for sharing step-by-step instructions on how you did a project. Please post tech related questions in "General Tech". Adherence to this policy will be strictly enforced by the staff ...

HOW TO WIRE F4i dual headlights to 99-00 F4!

Old 02-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drunkinmist
what fuel gauge are you talking about there is no fuel gauge on an f4i. There is a gauge that will pop on when you hit the reserve. other then that its just a guessing game depending on how hard you riding.
oh ok i wont even have that lol im gonna just judge it based on my mileage unless i can find a way to wire it to the FI light.

Very nicely done just out of curiosity what does that beam pattern look like i have wanted to do this for ever and even went as far as to find another low beam reflector and mounted it but never did the actual light wiring. How does it look?
I haven't taken it out at night yet so i have no clue how effective it is. All I know is that when my garage is pitch black its like having sunlight in there. Ill let you know next week once i can take it out at night.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:02 AM
Sprocket Hauler and Savior

If i could just get a photo of what the beam battern looks like in the garage that would be great!

Old 02-27-2012, 08:19 AM

If i could just get a photo of what the beam battern looks like in the garage that would be great!
Sorry it took so long its the last few weeks of my college career and i have been super busy. I hope these help

Old 02-28-2012, 07:51 PM

Does the tip-over sensor have to be included at all?

Old 02-28-2012, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by armyjeffries
Does the tip-over sensor have to be included at all?
Nope not that i know of lol i just wired everything by matching the two schematics up. Never messed with any sensors except for the headlight sensor.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by ddavis17
Nope not that i know of lol i just wired everything by matching the two schematics up. Never messed with any sensors except for the headlight sensor.
Headlight sensor? Are you talking about about the relay?

Old 02-29-2012, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by armyjeffries
Headlight sensor? Are you talking about about the relay?
lol yea i meant headlight relay Jeez i need to look before i submit stuff on here lol. My bad.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:58 PM

So, whats the difference between what you did here and just turning on your high beams with HID lights? Wouldn't the light brightness be the same?

Old 08-18-2012, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by ddavis17
FINALLY!! Even though this has been done on plenty of bikes it just seems like no no one has pics of what they did or the threads are 3 years old and the picture links are broken. That's why i decided to create this thread in order to make it easier for F4 owners to tackle the dual light conversion without using the f3 guide as a guidline. Here we go...

This is based on the 2000 CBR f4 wiring harness and the cbr f4i wiring harness and headlight relay ( I don't know the year i got it from ebay)
Tools Needed
-wire cutters/ strippers
-patience
-electrical tape
-heat shrink tubing
-soldering tools (or heat shrink tubing with the solder inside)
-Charged up battery
-CBR f4i wiring harness w/ headlight relay

WARNING: I am not responsible for broken or damaged motorcycles this is just a guide to help you along the way. Always use safety measures and remember to disconnect your battery prior to this modification.

Step 1
If you have a full f4i relay then remove the headlight section from it. I just started hacking until i had this

Step 2
OK so if you look at the head light relay you will see a black/red, blue, green, and white wires coming from it.

All of these wires can be matched right up to the original f4 wiring harness.

Step 3
Okay so this is kind of a continuation of step 2. If you look at the original f4 head light connector you will see 3 wires going to it, Green, White, and blue.

Cut the bulb connector piece off so that the wires are exposed. You will need to connect the green wire from the relay to the f4's green wire and the white wire from the relay to the blue wire on the f4 harness(both of these are referring to the headlight wires where the connector was).

Tape off the white wire on the f4 harness because you wont need it. Don't forget to shrink tube or solder your connections to make a strong connection.

Step 4
Okay you are about done. Now you need to find the red/black wire on the original f4 harness as well as the white/blue wire. They both are neer the front on the clutch hand side in a rubber protector thingy and are in red connectors.

Okay so you need to cut these wires somewhere in order to connect the relay to them. Connect the blue/white and the red/black to their respective colors on the f4 harness from the relay.

Now after you heat shrink these connectors it should be time to test them out.

Step 5
Place your H7 bulbs in their connectors and enjoy. If you have HIDs like me then just plug them into the h7 bulb connector. Enjoy

One thing i forgot to mention is to make sure that you check your wiring diagrams if you have issues.

This is how mine looks now. Any questions feel free to ask.

STEP 4. You mention a blue/white wire from the F4 harness...but where is the blue/white on the F4i headlight harness? It isn't coming from the relay since you said the relay is only white, blue, black/red, and green...

Also, the white wire from the F4i headlight relay is routed to the gauge connector, so it doesnt serve any purpose unless you also then cut it from the gauge connector and route it somewhere else. Not everyone has a F4i gauge cluster to just connect that to and if they did have the cluster and the F4i headlight harness, they have a lot of other wires to splice and connect. Maybe I just need a little clarification where they go to for the gauge cluster to work with the headlight.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:09 PM

okay, so I got the blue/white wire. It was coming from the F4i bulb connector...the low beam. So I cut the wire and matched it to the blue/white coming from the bulb connector.

Still stuck on this black/red wire from the F4 harness, the white wire (that got connected to the F4 blue wire from the bulb connector, and the blue wire (from the other side headlight bulb connector on the F4i headlight harness.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HOW TO WIRE F4i dual headlights to 99-00 F4!