How-To: Mechanical This section is ONLY for sharing step-by-step instructions on how you did a project. Please post tech related questions in "General Tech". Adherence to this policy will be strictly enforced by the staff ...

HOW TO WIRE F4i dual headlights to 99-00 F4!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 11:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOW TO WIRE F4i dual headlights to 99-00 F4!

FINALLY!! Even though this has been done on plenty of bikes it just seems like no no one has pics of what they did or the threads are 3 years old and the picture links are broken. That's why i decided to create this thread in order to make it easier for F4 owners to tackle the dual light conversion without using the f3 guide as a guidline. Here we go...

This is based on the 2000 CBR f4 wiring harness and the cbr f4i wiring harness and headlight relay ( I don't know the year i got it from ebay)
Tools Needed
-wire cutters/ strippers
-patience
-electrical tape
-heat shrink tubing
-soldering tools (or heat shrink tubing with the solder inside)
-Charged up battery
-CBR f4i wiring harness w/ headlight relay

WARNING: I am not responsible for broken or damaged motorcycles this is just a guide to help you along the way. Always use safety measures and remember to disconnect your battery prior to this modification.

Step 1
If you have a full f4i relay then remove the headlight section from it. I just started hacking until i had this

Step 2
OK so if you look at the head light relay you will see a black/red, blue, green, and white wires coming from it.

All of these wires can be matched right up to the original f4 wiring harness.

Step 3
Okay so this is kind of a continuation of step 2. If you look at the original f4 head light connector you will see 3 wires going to it, Green, White, and blue.

Cut the bulb connector piece off so that the wires are exposed. You will need to connect the green wire from the relay to the f4's green wire and the white wire from the relay to the blue wire on the f4 harness(both of these are referring to the headlight wires where the connector was).

Tape off the white wire on the f4 harness because you wont need it. Don't forget to shrink tube or solder your connections to make a strong connection.

Step 4
Okay you are about done. Now you need to find the red/black wire on the original f4 harness as well as the white/blue wire. They both are neer the front on the clutch hand side in a rubber protector thingy and are in red connectors.

Okay so you need to cut these wires somewhere in order to connect the relay to them. Connect the blue/white and the red/black to their respective colors on the f4 harness from the relay.

Now after you heat shrink these connectors it should be time to test them out.

Step 5
Place your H7 bulbs in their connectors and enjoy. If you have HIDs like me then just plug them into the h7 bulb connector. Enjoy

One thing i forgot to mention is to make sure that you check your wiring diagrams if you have issues.

This is how mine looks now. Any questions feel free to ask.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
Hey Davis .... om not too sure if what you did is ok or not , but chit , the details and pics are very kool man !!!!

So your " How Too " fly's !!! nice job mate !!!
Haha thanks. It seems to be working fine. Im going to test it more this weekend when i get some more time.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:26 PM

Wow, this is freagin sweet! I had no idea it was possible... so are you going to be using an F4I plastic set? or will that just be for the front cowl, could you mod the F4 plastics to accommodate for an F4I head? Sorry so many questions just really intrigued and not going to lie, very jealous! lol how do you get the multi-display to read back fuel amount? the F4 doesn't have a fuel gauge

Old 02-16-2012, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by galequin
Wow, this is freagin sweet! I had no idea it was possible... so are you going to be using an F4I plastic set? or will that just be for the front cowl, could you mod the F4 plastics to accommodate for an F4I head? Sorry so many questions just really intrigued and not going to lie, very jealous! lol how do you get the multi-display to read back fuel amount? the F4 doesn't have a fuel gauge
Actually if you look at the link in my signature click on the one that says winter mod log above it. SO far i have converted the front end to an f4i front end including the f4i digital gauges. The only problem i have is that i don't have a gas gauge or meter because the f4 and f4i have different gas tanks. I ordered all new f4i plastics so my bike will look like an 04-07 f4i once i am done. Its actually a really easy mod to do it just takes patience.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Excellent write up! Thank you for doing this!
I would LOVE to do the F4i gauge and fairing swap.. just hate to hack up my bike when there is nothing wrong with it..

Old 02-16-2012, 08:58 PM

Bravo! I can't wait to see what it looks like! please keep posting don't keep us in the dark lol

Old 02-18-2012, 08:12 AM
Sprocket Hauler and Savior

Originally Posted by galequin
what fuel gauge are you talking about there is no fuel gauge on an f4i. There is a gauge that will pop on when you hit the reserve. other then that its just a guessing game depending on how hard you riding.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:15 AM
Sprocket Hauler and Savior

Very nicely done just out of curiosity what does that beam pattern look like i have wanted to do this for ever and even went as far as to find another low beam reflector and mounted it but never did the actual light wiring. How does it look?

Quick Reply: HOW TO WIRE F4i dual headlights to 99-00 F4!