How-To: Mechanical This section is ONLY for sharing step-by-step instructions on how you did a project. Please post tech related questions in "General Tech". Adherence to this policy will be strictly enforced by the staff ...

Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 11:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Lights

Recently I posted a question for what people recommend for integrated tail lights as well as doing something else with the tag on my 2007 CBR 1000. First, I bought the Clear Alternatives integrated tail lights. I originally thought I'd have to pay the dealer to do it then surprised myself and saved a lot of money by doing it myself. It really wasn't too bad.....I recommend you save the money and DIY. Then I needed to put the tag somewhere since I had removed the rear fendor. At first I bought an axle mount tag bracket, but realized I would A) need to pay the dealer to remove the axle and put it on, and B) it had no tag light which is apparently a law in NY. So I returned that and bought a fender eliminator (tag bracket with light, only) from sportbikelites.com. Once again, did it myself....wasn't a really custom designed kit for the CBR, was somewhat generic, meaning I had to decide where exactly to place it, drill holes in the battery box, etc, but I did it. Now the tag is located under the seat, and has three LED lights pointed at it. Looks great.....see my profile pics. I also so an idea from another guy about creating a shock cylinder "wrap". Essentially, I cut to size a Red Bull can and wrapped it around the cylinder. A bit of a joke novelty, but I thought it was kinda different. Let me know if you have questions.