How-To: Mechanical This section is ONLY for sharing step-by-step instructions on how you did a project. Please post tech related questions in "General Tech". Adherence to this policy will be strictly enforced by the staff ...

cbr 600f3 integrated tail light and fender eliminator .. lots of pics

Old 10-21-2010, 07:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cbr 600f3 integrated tail light and fender eliminator .. lots of pics

OK i know that there are lots of how to's on these but i wanted to show you how i went about doing it. ive only had my bike for a month and have not worked on stuff like this before but i was dedicated. My bike is a 98 cbr 600 f3 btw

what you need:
trailer tail light converter ( purchased from autozone for $13)
hack saw or dremel
wire cutters

First off you need to take off both rear fairings and the seat. after this located were the wires from your bike come into this back section. Circled below

Then hat i did was cut all the wires and strip them. now you are ready to hookup the trailer tail light converter.

The end on the converter that has 5 wires gets connected to the wires coming from the bike (where i circled) and the 4 wired end goes to the tailight)

5 - TO BIKE - the color the of wire it plugs into is off my cbr 600 f3
green wire - right turn signal wire (blue)
red wire- brake wire ( green with yellow stripe)
yellow wire - left turn signal wire (orange)
brown wire - tail wire (brown)
white wire - tailight and blinker grounds coming from bike ( solid green)

there is another ground that is used for the stock liscense plate light but i am using this for a led strip im putting on later

4 wires - TO LIGHTS

green wire - right brake light bulb (green with yellow stripe)
yellow wire - left brake light bulb (green with yellow stripe)
brown wire - to tail light (brown)
white wire - ground from both tailight bulbs (solid green)

all done with the integrated tail lights. now or the fender eliminator. i did not want to buy anything else so i used what was i the bike. i started off by cutting most of the fender off so i could have room to screw stuff in.

after that i took a hacksaw to the stock liscense plate mount and this is what i came up with

unscrew the reflector that is on the fender and make the screw hole bigger with a drill so that the screw for the liscense plate mount will fit

the next screw didnt have anywhere to fit the bolt on the back so i just used a smaller bit and started screwing it into the plastic and it stuck in really well.

I put the fairings back on i used a sharpie to make lines where to cut the fender off and took my dremel to that.

And here it is-

This was a really fast mod that i think makes the bike look so much better. I wanted to use everything i had so i didnt have to run to a store and im gkad it only costed $13 to do this.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:01 PM

Looks sweet, I did something similar to mine

Old 10-22-2010, 07:35 PM

did you use the stock plate mount too??