Flush Mounts, Fender eliminators, Integrated tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 02:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flush Mounts, Fender eliminators, Integrated tail lights

Hello everyone, I own a 2007 Honda CBR 1000RR and I recently bought the hotbodies flush mounts, competition werkes fender eliminator, and an integrated tail light turn signal. I was ready to have them installed when someone told me that they may not be street legal. Can someone help me out in this before I go and put them on and get a ticket?I live in Georgia and I have seen them before; however, I am not sure if they are legal. I have gone to website and they have been vague in explanation at best.

Old 07-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Default RE: Flush Mounts, Fender eliminators, Integrated tail lights

In my experience with mybikes that are never stock, always these basic mods... I never have any trouble, livedin PA, OR, MA, and currently MD.

If they wanted to give you a hard time, they most likely could, but it's rare to say the least.

What do others do in your area? If I see a stock bike, I just assume they haven't received their parts yet, mods are so common.

Put it on!

Old 07-28-2007, 06:45 PM

When I had a question about headlights I just contacted my local DMV.

Send them a note or give them a call they will answer you.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:10 PM

Ask the DMV about bike mods?

Might as well ask them,if it's true, thatyou can do10mph over the limit without worry of a ticket...

You'll be riding around on a bone stock RR doing 55mph

Man I don't even have mirrors, and when I see a cop I worry about mycurrent speed, nothing more. Now that I think about it, the sport bike scene inGeorgia is huge, bikes have every mod you can think of. Think you guys can even ride wheelies as long as you don't change lanes while on 1 wheel... [8D]

Old 07-29-2007, 02:02 AM

Just keep the stock ones if you need to switch out, but you should be fine. Im running the integrated turn signals, You'll love them.

Old 07-29-2007, 03:25 AM

i live in CA and after being given citations for my mods on my bike, what i can tell you is that the flush mounts are not DOT approved, the integrated tail lights are DOT approved, and the competition works FE will only be DOT approved if you rigged a light to shine on the plate.

after getting pulled over, i got aticket for the flush mounts (besides speeding). highway patrol said my tail lights are ok and my FE was ok because i had a light shining on the plate.

so i'm not sure if the same rules apply for you in GA, but this is what it is for us in CA

Old 07-29-2007, 04:31 AM

My understanding is that the flush mount turn signals are not DOT approved unless they have running lights. Georgia doesn't even require turn signals on old model motorcycles (1972 and prior) , so I don't think that they would be to picky with your setup. (ref: AMA Database)

Make sure your plate is lit like asrguy stated and make sure it is easily read. They can pull you over if the plate is slanted too much.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:30 AM

Dont worry about the cops. If you want it on your bike put it on. If they want to give you a ticket they will find something wrong regardless whats on your bike.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:58 PM

+1 on don't worry about it. I've owned and ridden bikes in several different states (and countries) and have never had any problems with that. Yes, the lights are not DOT approved but cops have more to worry with. The only place I think it might be a problem is in CA.