CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   How-To: Mechanical (https://cbrforum.com/forum/how-mechanical-40/)
-   -   Convert 2 wire signals to 3 Wire Inputs (https://cbrforum.com/forum/how-mechanical-40/convert-2-wire-signals-3-wire-inputs-84998/)

CJardine 09-27-2011 10:20 PM

Cool thanks, Ive found the connectors that are used on the turn signals, Haven't decided if I want to go with those or bullet style connectors. What are indy lead connectors? haven't heard of them.

What do you guys think is smarter to wire the diodes on the bike side of the connections or the light side? Im thinkin the bike side so that way if the next owner (I want to get a RR when I have been riding longer.) Can swap out the turn signals without having to redo the wiring.

Thanks again gotcbr, oh and my split seat comes on Thursday!

gotcbr 09-28-2011 01:50 PM

Pic & description here... Cycle Gear - SPEEDMETAL: Indicator Leads, .
Google for more info & pics.

Do the wiring the way *you* want it.

Congrats on getting your split-seat stuff.

Boxdgm 10-02-2011 08:23 PM

Great Write-up. Helped a lot here. Everything works but the flasher relay wont flash the signals. I got front and rear led signals and they wouldnt flash at all just dim solid glow. if i connected the oem signals on either end opposite the leds they would blink super fast. I went to autozone and got a 3 prong electrical flasher relay meant for 3-6 led signals which should have made them blink but didnt. If i put an oem signal back on then it blinks normal but still wont flash at all with 4 leds.

Im about to order a elfr-1 from customled.com but it only has 2 wires, will this still work on a 3 wire setup? anyone have a solution for using all 4 led signals on a 600 hurricane? Trying to avoid the dummy load which defeats the purpose of power saving leds.

Edit: Well reading the page it says that relay will work with a 3 wire setup if one of the wires is a ground which mine is. I ordered it hopefully it will fix the no blink issue. It has a minimum draw of .6w and my signals are .5w each (1w combined for front+rear) so this should do the trick.

Xander F4i 10-06-2011 01:17 PM

Thank you for this write up. I found it very helpful/useful!

Boxdgm 10-06-2011 09:46 PM

Got the elfr-1 from customled.com today and it solved my no blink issue while running all led signals and no incandescent bulbs. Blinks steady at the correct speed now. No resistors or load equalizers needed.

If your running 2x leds and 2x incandescent you can get away with the el36 electronic relay from autozone which will make the led/regular bulb combo blink at the correct speed but wont work with all led signals.

LilRed F3 01-20-2012 03:32 AM

The diodes are only if you want to use LEDS right?

adrenalnjunky 01-20-2012 03:25 PM

No - in this setup, the diodes are there to maintain the parking light/flasher operation on the front, without the rear signals being lit up all the time.

LilRed F3 01-20-2012 08:23 PM

Sweet! Thanks!

Turbulenz 01-22-2012 07:28 AM

I did this to my HotBodies flush mounts earlier this month.. worked like a charm! Thanks for the write up.

Jst2fst 01-30-2012 04:53 PM

I just tried this method for my 2003 cbr 600rr and nothing worked. The instrument lights for the signals just stayed on as well the turn signals. I made sure to follow the directions to the T can someone please help me thanks