CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   How-To: Mechanical (https://cbrforum.com/forum/how-mechanical-40/)
-   -   Convert 2 wire signals to 3 Wire Inputs (https://cbrforum.com/forum/how-mechanical-40/convert-2-wire-signals-3-wire-inputs-84998/)

estate4life 08-30-2012 12:33 PM

Between 4001 to 4007 is okay. I use ones I bought off eBay and they were 4005....

Diodes is for running light, so is use on front signal. Unless you want running on rear signal, no need to install them, since your integrated led tail light already got signal in them.

If Resistor comes with the tail lights, keep it. This way you are still using your OEM signal relay that makes a clicking noise when flashing. The after market led ready relay is silent, no clicking.

Now it gets tricky when you mod all signals F/R & tail light to LED. your OEM relay may or may not work...so you may end up buying the led ready relay anyway...

Originally Posted by TF04F4I (Post 1187862)
Sorry to revive this question but am i understanding this right?
I went to radio shack they only had the in4001 so i bought 4, im okay using that on all 4 wires? also i am getting the integrated tail light so do i need to install the diodes on the turn signal wires in the taillight aswell? and it shows the taillight coming with resisters but i want to get the load flasher relay so should i not install resistors? thanks guys i apprciate any help this will be the first mod i have done and im pretty excited.

adrenalnjunky 08-30-2012 12:35 PM

the 4001's should be fine

Integrated tail light should hook up to the factory plugs in the rear, or wire up to the factory wiring per whatever instructions come with your integrated tail. No diodes needed. In the rear, the "running light" function is handled by the brakelight anyway, not the turn indicators. On stock motorcycles, the rear turn indicators are not lit up as "parking" lamps.

The diodes are only for using 2 wire LED signals on the front in the place of where the 3 wire stock signals were to retain the "parking light" function.

follow the instructions in the first post in this thread and you should be golden.

TF04F4I 08-30-2012 01:11 PM

O ok i get it now. I already bought the load relay so i guess ill use it. i read that its located under windscreen but dont remember if that was specific for a certain year. mine is 04 is it still located there? and thanks for the fast response

estate4life 08-30-2012 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by TF04F4I (Post 1187883)
O ok i get it now. I already bought the load relay so i guess ill use it. i read that its located under windscreen but dont remember if that was specific for a certain year. mine is 04 is it still located there? and thanks for the fast response

You should be able to hear the clicking when signal. Should be. Behind the head lights......signal and you can trace the clicking sound.

TF04F4I 08-31-2012 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by estate4life (Post 1188008)
You should be able to hear the clicking when signal. Should be. Behind the head lights......signal and you can trace the clicking sound.

ah good thinking. will try that thanks

Wranghondo 09-23-2012 01:26 PM

I just did this mod. and there's just one problem, so far, the right blinker blinks perfectly. The left one blinks pretty fast. I don't care for that.

Well, I just found out it's not the wiring job on the signals, it's on the bike somewhere. I switched the signals left to right and the results were the same, the left side blinked faster. Could the flasher unit be bad? Never heard of one doing something like this. In my experience they usually just quit.

estate4life 11-30-2012 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Wranghondo (Post 1193669)
I just did this mod. and there's just one problem, so far, the right blinker blinks perfectly. The left one blinks pretty fast. I don't care for that.

Well, I just found out it's not the wiring job on the signals, it's on the bike somewhere. I switched the signals left to right and the results were the same, the left side blinked faster. Could the flasher unit be bad? Never heard of one doing something like this. In my experience they usually just quit.

Get the LF-1-S-Flat led ready relay...pull yours out, should be 3 pin across.

LF1-S-FLAT Universal Motorcycle Electronic Flasher | Flashers & Load Resistors | Car Bulb Installation Supplies | LED Car Bulbs | Super Bright LEDs

Motleyfan 12-01-2012 08:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just read through this complete post and I am definately going to do this. I added Rizoma LED flashers front and rear and had to add 2 resisters per signal to slow the rate down. Worried about the heat generated. I'm going to switch over to the relay Estate4life mentioned to slow the rate down and should be able to get rid of the resistors.

Has anyone done the running light mod with Rizoma LED's?? i love these turn signals but did not like losing the running light aspect of the front signals. I'm going to make up a plug and play harness with diodes for the front 2 turn signals so I can just remove the resistors and plug these in but wanted to check to see if anyone had any issues with using Rizoma LED's since most of the article was written around Hotobodies turnsignals.

Nick

Here's a shot where the signals show up fairly well:
Attachment 35371

Cybertank3 12-17-2012 10:08 PM

Just did this mod with your typical HotBodies flush mounts on my 1000rr, and it works fine. Running lights all the time, and turn signals function fine. Rest of the bike is still stock.

Only issue with hotbodies is that I thought I was given two of the same side turn signals, but they wound up going in the fitting fine.

estate4life 12-18-2012 12:16 PM

Hey, post some more pic from different angle...bike looks good!

Originally Posted by Motleyfan (Post 1204803)
I just read through this complete post and I am definately going to do this. I added Rizoma LED flashers front and rear and had to add 2 resisters per signal to slow the rate down. Worried about the heat generated. I'm going to switch over to the relay Estate4life mentioned to slow the rate down and should be able to get rid of the resistors.

Has anyone done the running light mod with Rizoma LED's?? i love these turn signals but did not like losing the running light aspect of the front signals. I'm going to make up a plug and play harness with diodes for the front 2 turn signals so I can just remove the resistors and plug these in but wanted to check to see if anyone had any issues with using Rizoma LED's since most of the article was written around Hotobodies turnsignals.

Nick

Here's a shot where the signals show up fairly well:
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...00doneleft.jpg